What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading list app?

hmgmendel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that can help me keep several hundred PDF files organized. I want to group the files into folders, and within each folder, arrange the PDF files into a reading list in any order I want (like an iTunes playlist). Ideally, I would be able to read and annotate the files within the app (iBooks can keep files organized the way I want, but doesn't have PDF annotation/mark-up tools). Does anyone know of an app that can do this? Thanks.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at the app "Goodreader" ($4.99, USD, link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goodreader-for-ipad/id363448914?mt=8).

I haven't used it in a while, but the last time I did, I know you could make folders, and folders within folders, all day long. Plus, you can rearrange items within folders. Goodreader is also a good app for making annotations, especially on PDFs.

I'd also suggest looking at iAnnotate (on sale until October 30 for $2.99, USD, link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iannotate-pdf/id363998953?mt=8). IMNSHO, it's the best PDF annotation app. But, I'm not too sure how you'd like its folder arranging. TBH though - I'd get it just for the price as it's regularly $9.99 (!).

There are probably many others, but these would be my suggestions. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have GoodReader, and it's good, however I mostly use it for the many other file tools it contains, like: renaming, zipping, web downloads. I do prefer it's annotation tools when dealing with PDF schematics or drawings.

I also have PDF Expert, and it may be better for what you want. The annotation tools are tweaked better for text than GoodReader's (in my opinion). The makers of PDF Expert, also have another product geared towards a wider range of media files and organization called Documents by Reeddle. It may be even closer to what you want. I've never used this app, and don't need it now; but I've never been disappointed by a Reeddle product.

Most reactions

Latest posts