What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading an iBook on the iPad

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just remembered that you don't have to use the animation aspect of tap and slide for a page turn, if you would rather, you can tap the side of the page and it just fades into the next page from there.

NeilShapiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.joyofipad.com
I think the only problem with reading on the iPad will be in bright sunlight. As far as the talk about e-ink being so much better in room/office lighting how eye-straining it will be, I don't buy it. I mean I don't see a lot of people leaving office buildings and bumping into walls from the eyestrain of looking at their computer screens for a few hours. I actually think that the most serious problem with reading a computer screen is not the video display brightness but the posture problems causing neck aches -- and the iPad is a nicely holdable tablet like the Kindle so no problem-o there.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the only problem with reading on the iPad will be in bright sunlight. As far as the talk about e-ink being so much better in room/office lighting how eye-straining it will be, I don't buy it. I mean I don't see a lot of people leaving office buildings and bumping into walls from the eyestrain of looking at their computer screens for a few hours. I actually think that the most serious problem with reading a computer screen is not the video display brightness but the posture problems causing neck aches -- and the iPad is a nicely holdable tablet like the Kindle so no problem-o there.

Good call...I think the glossy screen could make outdoor reading tough :(

MacDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My guess is that the screen will be optimized for reading or other long term use. I used to use a Palm book reader a lot and never had any eyestrain from the backlit display. The small size of the print was a problem but Apple has that taken care of.

Most reactions