What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reaching Other Computers Via Wifi...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is known that the iPad cannot sync over Wifi. Is it possible at all or is the iPad cut off from any computer?

Can the iPad reach a data base such as a server or an NAS?

Can it access Apple TV?

rob the elder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to find out. I have 19 computers on my home network including 4 A tvs and 3 NAS servers. So far my wife has the damn thing up in her nest playing games and I cant get five minutes to work with it.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iVan said:
Anyone tried to hook up with Apple tv?
I have An apple tv. It syncs with iTunes from mac or pc not from ipad or iPod however one can use Remote app on ipad or iPod touch or iPhone to control movies songs etc etc on apple tv
Movies purchased on ipad should be available for ipad ipod touch and I would expect movies purchased on ipad can also be synced to iTunes and be used their however I cannot confirm it. Rental movies Cannot be synced period
Cheers col

sylvanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to connect my mac mini to the iPad using wifi for good reader app. Their directions were dead on and the Mac looked at the iPad as a networked drive.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a sort of similar question. I know I can sync with all my iTunes movies, but I have a 1TB hard drive attached to my hacked AppleTV with about 70 movies on it (not synced with iTunes). I'd love to be able to access that drive to stream movies to my iPad. Anybody have any good ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts