What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-booting

Reaction score
Maybe "Reloading" would be a more accurate title.
Sometimes my screen will go black for a few seconds and then it will go to my home screen? Why? It did it again just as I got to this page to post this message. It did it a few minutes ago as I was watching a short video from SNL. I have an Ipad 2 using 7.1.2. I'm charged at 74%. It's very annoying to have to start over when that happens.

Edit: It happened again as soon as I posted this message.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's probably caused by low RAM and other accumulated garbage. iPads are computers too, and need an occasional kick in the processor.

If you have not done so recently, restart and/or reset your iPad.

Restart. Hold down the power button until the Off slider appears, then slide it off. When it's fully shut down, press the power button for about three seconds to restart.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears. It should restart on it's own.

Most reactions