What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raspberry Pi

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This looks kind of interesting, anyone out there already have or getting a Raspberry Pi?

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-931537130.jpg
    image-931537130.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 688

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have my name down on a list.. They sold out as soon as they went on sale so I'm waiting.. The demand was so great, it took down the servers on some of the smaller companies that were selling them online.

They run Linux and don't have a lot of RAM, so as such, they have limited use. I have a Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station that connects to the net via software running on my Windows computer. The computer reads the datat from the weather station then uploads it to several sites such as 'Weather Underground'. The Temp, Wind, Baro etc in the link below all comes from my weather station:

Weather Forecast Woodlands, Canada | Woodlands Weather | Wunderground

There is Linux software that will allow me to use this ultra low power Raspberry Pi instead of running the weather station server 24/7 on my regular PC... That's what I plan to do with one :)

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want one!!! I'm planning to get one once it's released. Maybe I can attach it to my school's PC monitor and run GNU/Linux instead of that horrid Windows XP. Amazingly, those PCs clock at 3ghz.

Sent from K48

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone dropped the ball that's for sure. Here is hoping they get their stuff together. If I were running the production line, you all would have one by now.

DentonJose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been hearing people use it with Tor for mobile anonymity? Anyone try such things, any good?

Most reactions

Latest posts