What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Popping/Crackling Noise

Sebastian82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
first sorry for my english, I'm from Germany and do my best.

This topic is already being discussed in various other forums but maybe someone here has an idea.
My Ipad Air 2 know regardless of the installed software on a sporadic crack.
Meanwhile, the unit has been replaced twice and even the third know the same problem.
The pop occurs sporadically e.g. when you lock or unlock when playing videos or tap the address bar in Safari. Mainly one perceives the problem with battery charge between 90-100%.
My previous Ipad Air 1 never had such a problem.
The devices have been restored with Itunes and always set up as a New Ipad. ICloud disabled.
The only solution to eliminate the annoying sounds is put off the keypad tones in Settings.
The best way to provoke the problem is the method which is presented in my youtube video.
Should there be a software problem is that every Air 2 show these problems.

Has anyone of you this problem or Ipad Air2 without these symptoms?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Sebastian and welcome to the forum. I'm somewhat relieved to see your post. My Air2 has also been doing that on occasion, not enough to be a real worry, but now that I see someone else has that "problem" I'm less worried.
I suspect that has been somewhat of a trade-off with the physical thinness of this iPad body. There have been worries too about the speakers giving off a vibration in the body, something I sometimes feel too. I'm no expert but I think the thinness of the body has caused some limitations in the performance of the speakers. Maybe those "popping" or vibration sensations are due to the speakers resting up closely to the iPad Air2 body. To me this is not at all worrying. But if it really continues to concern you I would suggest you discuss this at your Apple store.
Regards, Andrew
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same cracking noise on my Air2. Maybe once a week with no consistent app in progress. I haven't worried too much about it. Glad to see there are others experiencing this.

donn70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same here and right out of the box while in app store search field. it happened 3 times within 5 minutes after setup. i just purchased this on thursday too. glad to report it hasn't happened again...........
ok, it happened twice while in app store again.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts