What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quicktime video in PowerPoint

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Members,

I am translating a question from our 'French Forum' (yes, I know, not very well) - if someone could answer it I will translate it back to French again (just as badly) for the OP -- many thanks

"Hello Tim Thank you for the reply and your French is very correct (<<well, I had to leave that in>>). If I understand correctly, it is not the size of the file that is problematic but the videos. Keynote does not process Quicktime, how can I convert videos to incorporate them into the presentation? I can also adjust the fonts, it's not the worst case scenario. And I can make several pages instead of animations. But first, I want to try to convert videos. What software? Thank you for your answers, it's a big help. Louise"

Many thanks, guys!!

Bonjour....

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've had luck with the .m4v format, and of course the .MOV (iMovie) format works fine. I'm not sure what Quicktime format is not working, since .MOV is the Quicktime movie format.

It might be a matter of the video quality. I have not tried putting an HD movie in Keynote. I'll give that try and let you know. It will be a while, iMovie takes a long time to export and HD video.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I just imported an HD version of an iMovie and it works. No idea why his Quicktime movies aren't working. Perhaps they are using an older encoding, or some non-standard settings that iMovie does not use.

OP
Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I just imported an HD version of an iMovie and it works. No idea why his Quicktime movies aren't working. Perhaps they are using an older encoding, or some non-standard settings that iMovie does not use.

Thanks - I'll let him know.

I appreciate your help.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts