What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick office and Dropbox

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the new quickoffice and want to save the spreadsheets into Dropbox.. How do I do that does anyone have any idea

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at the file you want to transfer to Dropbox this way:
image.jpg

There should be a blue arrow next to it. Tap it to get to the next screen:
image.jpg

Choose Open In... and scroll to Dropbox. There you'll have to upload the file.

Hope that helps.

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I want is to open a spreadsheet that is stored in Dropbox edit it or add to it in quick office then re save back to drop box

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Dropbox, select the Share button at the top right, then tap Open In... and select Quickoffice. There you can edit and save the file. Saving it back to Dropbox works the way I showed it in my previous post, and it will create a new file. So you'll have both versions there. If you don't want to keep them both, delete the one you don't need.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Addition: you can prevent to have both files in Dropbox by saving it with the same file name to Quickoffice. When you transfer the file back to Dropbox, it will ask you if you want to replace the old file. When you accept, the older version will be removed.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind that Google has announced end of support for QuickOffice.

http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.ca/2014/06/removal-of-quickoffice-from-google-play.html

They are supposed to have added the ability to edit MS Office documents directly in the Google Docs, Sheets, and presentation apps; and that is their reason for discontinuing QuickOffice.

I have not tried this myself, and I have not seen any updated description info in Google's iOS apps, so it's possible these changes are still pending, or waiting for approval in the App Store.

That does not mean that you have to give up QuickOffice, for now, but you should be preparing for the day when you have no choice.

P.S. Unfortunately it does not look like the Google Doc apps will offer direct DropBox support. No idea if they will in future versions.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I want is to open a spreadsheet that is stored in Dropbox edit it or add to it in quick office then re save back to drop box

If you have the latest version of QuickEdit, which is, I think, a similar program, there is an open button top left of screen. Tapping that will show multi options, including local files on your iPad and Dropbox. Tap Dropbox and all your spreadsheets will be shown. Tap the one you want to open.

When finished editing click close at top left of screen and choose save.

If you want to save any file to a different location, e.g. A local file to Dropbox or vice versa, tap the button that looks like a floppy disk and choose a pocation.

It works a treat, and I use this program almost every day. Quick Office I found not so good. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You said quickedit, is that an addition to quick office or a similar program

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok just re read your post is a similar program will check it out, I need to keep track of my inventory and sales etc and find the iPad great for that

Most reactions