What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions About iPhoto for iOS

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2. Yesterday, I upgraded to iOS 5.1. I also downloaded the new iPhoto app. I CANNOT find a way to delete photos or the album for the "edited" photos. The most I'm able to do is hide the photos. But how do you actually delete photos and albums. You should know that I transferred photos from my Dropbox app to the photo app (note free one from Apple), and one I saved to the photos from my email. Does someone have an answer for this?

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an answer, but I had the same problem,

and was coming here to ask if there was a manual of any sort for iPhoto for iOS.

I would love an answer to either or both.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
stever said:
I don't have an answer, but I had the same problem,

and was coming here to ask if there was a manual of any sort for iPhoto for iOS.

I would love an answer to either or both.

You gave an idea. I checked iBooks and all they seem to have iPhoto for the Mac.

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too can not figure out how to use the new iPhoto app for iPad.

Also was wondering if the new iPad app will have the same themes as iPhoto 11 for mac.
My daughter has iPhoto 11 and would love some of her themes for my iPad app I purchased yesterday

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ayrshire said:
I too can not figure out how to use the new iPhoto app for iPad.

Also was wondering if the new iPad app will have the same themes as iPhoto 11 for mac.
My daughter has iPhoto 11 and would love some of her themes for my iPad app I purchased yesterday

I still haven't found an answer to our question. However, I ran across this on YouTube from the keynote address they gave last week. It gives a great overview of the basics of the app.

Last edited by a moderator:

markoinpanama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The demo is very helpful in understanding how to use iPhoto, as is the excellent help system. A very promising app I think.

My issue is that when you open an album from the photo app, in iPhoto, the sort order is completely lost. When you have hundreds of pictures and/or sequences of similar photos that you would like to edit, it makes no sense at all to have them randomized. Looks like a bug unless I am missing a sort function.

Secondary issue, when you set the "cover" photo it works in iPhoto but does not carry through to Photo app.

In facts photos edited in iPhoto do not appear to update in the Photo app. Maybe they are trying to avoid inadvertent changes that would propagate to other devices, but it kind of defeats one purpose or the app.

So the iPhoto app is a one way workflow - you can draw material from Photo, but not the other way. The only output options are the journal and sending things off to other places. Like iTunes??? WTF? Not Photo? Unless that's the way to retrieve your edited photos on your desktop Mac. I wonder what the sort order is then? Another experiment to do...

There is a lot to understand about the new iPhoto. Any insights greatly appreciated.

hilsroo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
silguy said:
Does anyone know how to add another album?

You have to set up your album in the native Photos app- just tap on 'new album' in the album section, give it a name, then select your photos from your complete photo library - then it will automatically show up in iphoto. I find it easiest to think of the Photo app as the one where you do your 'housework', ie sort your photos, and iphoto (or indeed other editing apps) is where you play around with the photos. (even though there are some basic editing options in the native apps.)

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Appsempire said:
I have an iPad 2. Yesterday, I upgraded to iOS 5.1. I also downloaded the new iPhoto app. I CANNOT find a way to delete photos or the album for the "edited" photos. The most I'm able to do is hide the photos. But how do you actually delete photos and albums. You should know that I transferred photos from my Dropbox app to the photo app (note free one from Apple), and one I saved to the photos from my email. Does someone have an answer for this?

I realized something. I don't think you can simply delete photos in the conventional sense. But what you can do is hide your photos. Then, if you need them you can un-hide them (for lack of a better word) if you want to use them again.

I've been practicing with this app for the last few days and I think it's worth keep. It has a lot of great things to it. But there are some things that are really goofy about it.

silguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hilsroo said:
You have to set up your album in the native Photos app- just tap on 'new album' in the album section, give it a name, then select your photos from your complete photo library - then it will automatically show up in iphoto. I find it easiest to think of the Photo app as the one where you do your 'housework', ie sort your photos, and iphoto (or indeed other editing apps) is where you play around with the photos. (even though there are some basic editing options in the native apps.)

Thanks! I have no idea y I never even thought of that...stupid of me. Yes, it's very straight fwd!

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appsempire said:
I realized something. I don't think you can simply delete photos in the conventional sense. But what you can do is hide your photos. Then, if you need them you can un-hide them (for lack of a better word) if you want to use them again.

Wellll, that would actually be something I fear may be true.

Something I do not need.
50 or so photos that I want, and a thousand that I don't want, just lurking there, hidden and taking up space

tellboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone can work out how to resize a picture in iPhoto for iPad I would be very grateful as that is what I expected it to do.

bwhicher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went into camera and looked at the camera roll and deleted photo's there. I just moved from iPad 1 to iPad (3) so have little experience with camera, however I had several photo's imported from iPad 1 and they were on camera roll and was able to delete.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have used camera connector for almost two years and have seen the photo app improve over that time but mostly use some terrific photo apps like Filterstorm and Snapseed to process photos (though actually process RaW files on my PC in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop) for uploads to Flickr and Pbase or share while traveling. When I got my Ipad 3 Friday I was ready to buy Iphoto but saw a lt of posts in the app store where people were less happy with the app after several days so didn't buy it. I was hoping to see glowing reports about it. Too bad altho' I may buy it just to try it.

Most reactions

Latest posts