What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about updating

jknotts66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I tried to update my ipad2 it warned me that I had two items that needed to be transfered to my itunes library. As it turned out these were a couple of app I used to make some ringtones. How do I transfer them to my library? Drag or what??? itunes also switched me to iPhotos and all I had was a page full of pix's. Please advise
Thanks, Jim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To transfer apps to iTunes: Have the iPad connected to your computer/iTunes. It will show in the left column. Right click on the iPad line to bring up a dialog box and one of the options will be to "Transfer Purchases." Click on that and any apps that you have on your iPad (and not in your iTunes) will be transferred over.

I'm not quite sure what you mean in your description of getting a page full of photos. So, could you elaborate more on that?

Marilyn

OP
J

jknotts66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 updating

Thanks Marilyn for the help. As to the iPhoto thing....???? Everytime I connect my iPad 2 to my Mac OSX iphotos pops up on top of itunes. I just close it and move on. I was just curious what the deal was with it.
I have another unrelated question or two if you don't mind.
1. with Bluetooth enabled on your iPhone 4 is it constantly draining your battery looking for a connection?
2. When I sync my iPad while connected to itunes through my Mac it doesn't put all my contacts I have listed on my Mac and put them on my iPad like it did with the iPhone. Why?
3. I keep reading folks here on the forum talking about "jailbreak". What's that all about?
Thanks again,
Jim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn for the help. As to the iPhoto thing....???? Everytime I connect my iPad 2 to my Mac OSX iphotos pops up on top of itunes. I just close it and move on. I was just curious what the deal was with it.

Oh, sorry, no can help. I run a Windows machine and so don't know anything about Macs! I can guess, however, that your Mac recognizes the fact that the iPad can be treated as a DCIM folder for pictures - so it might be opening it up as if you plugged in a USB stick. Maybe find that auto-open option on your Mac and turn it off...? Just a guess, though.

I have another unrelated question or two if you don't mind.
1. with Bluetooth enabled on your iPhone 4 is it constantly draining your battery looking for a connection?

Did you mean to say iPhone or iPad? Regardless - yes, always having Bluetooth on will drain your battery faster than not having it on.

2. When I sync my iPad while connected to itunes through my Mac it doesn't put all my contacts I have listed on my Mac and put them on my iPad like it did with the iPhone. Why?
That's for a Mac expert, who I hope will be along shortly...

3. I keep reading folks here on the forum talking about "jailbreak". What's that all about?
Thanks again,
Jim

Ah, now that one I can answer easily, although it's just to send you to this wonderful link created by our jailbreaking guru, f4780y. Have a look here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

Then, there are a whole bunch of stickies, tutorials and how-tos to explain jailbreaking further. Promise: You read all that - then you'll "get" what jailbreaking is.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions