What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question About iPad's Photo App

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As you can see from the attachment, this is a picture of photos I've taken/collected and put on my iPad. As you can see, all the photos are collected into one album. Is there a way to separate photos and create additional albums, label each album you created, and then insert particular photos into particular albums?

Attachments

• image-775366541.png
    image-775366541.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 284

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, the short answer is 'NO' - the native iPad Photo App is pretty limited; I have a number of different albums in mine, including the 'Camera Roll', imported albums (from my CCK using the SD card in my digital camera), and those sync by my computer. But once these images are in the Photo App, reorganization is not a possibility. Of course, there are many other apps that might help - I use Photo-Sort - not completely happy w/ the program but can sort images for you. Hopefully, the iOS 5 upgrade will address some of the limitations of the native program?

So, at the moment you can import photos from the CCK which will put the collection into an 'import' folder (which you cannot rename as far as I know) using the iPad or you can put your images on a computer and organize them into folders (or subfolders), applying the labels you want, and then sync them back to the iPad. If other options exist, I'll look forward to further posts - good luck! :)

Most reactions