What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Ipad App

davemaster223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums but I was hoping someone knowledgeable on the forums will be able to help me out. I currently own a desktop computer (PC) and then I also have my Macbook Pro 17" for when im traveling. My reason for purchasing an Ipad however was so I can use it for use at school (notes primarily). Prior to purchasing the ipad I would use MS word on my macbook and use the Notebook layout view (for those of you that arent familiar with it, it makes taking notes extremely easy, provides lined paper/notebook view, and makes bullet points different for each fact, etc.). I am now on the search to find an app that is the closest to that, and will make my lecture note taking organized and easy. I did purchase the keyboard dock to take with me for my classes as well to make the typing faster. Any suggestions appreciated :)

Sincerely,
Dave

upnurv8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I like Documents2go. Has MS Word and Excel. You can even email the files and save them. It is iPad compatible but is not optimized for it(a little blurry when in 2x)...yet.

Last edited:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I am PC only but would pages be a solution?

I am a long time documents2go user, since Palm and Pcket PC days. But you are pretty limited as to what you can do in a doc, but it would be easy to send the doc to your Mac to clean up. I have high hopes for the iPad version of docs2go, i'm hoping for a pretty major update....

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages can sometimes screw up the formatting (especially complex layouts) when exporting to Word. I guess it depends on what kinds of notes you're taking. Are the mostly text with bullet points, or do they get graphics heavy with charts and graphs?

If your mainly using simple text layouts with bullet points Pages would not be a bad way to go. I can't think of a good college level note taking App off the top of my head right now. I guess if you have a need to draw graphs there are note Apps that have internal drawing parts, or you could use something like Doodle Buddy (but that spams push notification ads these days) then save the graph and import as a picture into Pages.

OP
D

davemaster223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all just so I can get the opinion of everyone, do you all think that the ipad can be used for school notes? In the place of my macbook pro since its a big laptop to lug around. And to answer some of the above questions, I mainly use just simple text notes, dont usually put in graphs or anything. I just like how notebook layout organizes each of my notes with different bullet points, etc. I have tried using pages, it is alot of extra work to get bullet points, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts