What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried googles way to setup push with my gmail but it comes up invalid password after it gets done doing it's thing.

Also how do we get push with Facebook?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you want a popup every time you get mail? Otherwise, Gmail just works - you get a pleasant beep/chime with new mails.

You would have to download the iPhone app to get puts notifications from Facebook. Personally, I just use the website, but there are no notifications that way.

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like a popup but some e-mails I need right then and there. I don't care so much about Facebook push but emails are main focus for me.

DaWeav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I setup Google Gmail using Google's way to 'Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync' and it works just fine without prompting for any passwords. Nice since I have an Android phone which no both Calendar and Contacts sync all the way around no matter where I change them.

As for Facebook push, I loaded the iPhone Facebook app which does badges, alerts, and sounds, but I don't use it for Facebook. I instead just open it to clear the alert and then use Safari or the MyFriends HD app to view and respond in Facebook.

Most reactions

Latest posts