What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchasing Applecare for the iPad

Will you purchase Applecare for the iPad?

• Yes.

Votes: 69 31.1%
  • No.

Votes: 99 44.6%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 54 24.3%

• Total voters

ayuryogini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Care not available

Have you considered a Square Trade warranty; they may be available where Apple Care isn't; just something to think about.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In case you don't already know, Amazon sells apple care at a discounted rate (got my moms iMac Apple Care for $70 instead of $120) they sell iPhone care so they will def be selling iPad care. If you hold out until they start carrying it you could save a few bucks.

scarlettohara1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when its available

I actually purchased the Apple Care Protection Plan yesterday when I ordered my iPad 64GB WiFi+3G; however a few hours later Apple sent me an email informing me that (at least for now) they have not been given authorization from the state I live in to sell me the Apple Care PP.

I do not purchase the Apple Care PP with every Apple product, but as I stated previously, the only reason I couldn't with the iPad is at this time the Apple Care (for the iPad) is not available; however I have total confidence that it will be available soon, so I will wait. Spending over $825 for the iPad I ordered, what is another $100? Although Apple comes very close, perfection on the first generation of a new product is rare....... Apple Care or no Apple Care I am ready for the Fed Ex man to break all the speeding laws to get it here to me!!!! :D

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not me. I plan on upgrading to the 2nd gen by the time the manufacturer warranty runs out. :)

lv2rad8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Care

I did this with my iphone and my ipod and am going to do this with my ipad. I bought the Apple Care and bought a warranty with SquareTrade.com. With Square Trade the iphone is covered for drops and battery replacement. I haven't seen a price quote for the ipad yet, but i have ALL my electronics warrantied through them.:D

BTW... preordered a 64 3g today! Had just wi-fi preordered, but changed my mind just like a woman is allowed to do!

lv2rad8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Square Trade

Just went back to the Square Trade site. For a 64 3g a 3 yr. policy costs 135.99. That will include DROPS and SPILLS unlike the apple care. My mistake for saying battery in the previous post. The policy is going for 20% off right now.:D

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you considered a Square Trade warranty; they may be available where Apple Care isn't; just something to think about.

I preordered squaretrade today for $139 for 3 years and it covers accidental damage as well. Kinda need that with a 3 and 1 1/2 yr old running around.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased it in the same order as my iPad and case.

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Squaretrade.com offers 3 year warranty for $70.00. I use them for my iPhone and other electronics.

Ian B

ashtondance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did this with my iphone and my ipod and am going to do this with my ipad. I bought the Apple Care and bought a warranty with SquareTrade.com. With Square Trade the iphone is covered for drops and battery replacement. I haven't seen a price quote for the ipad yet, but i have ALL my electronics warrantied through them.:D

BTW... preordered a 64 3g today! Had just wi-fi preordered, but changed my mind just like a woman is allowed to do!
I did the same thing - started with 64g and wifi and changed to 32g and g3. Now I have to wait.

swelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to your own ins.co
and get a separate rider
for the ipad and its accessories
just provide the reciept and sn#

no deductible, and it cost-----less than 2.50 per month
covers theft,damage and even stupidity

Most reactions

Latest posts