What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchasing Applecare for the iPad

Will you purchase Applecare for the iPad?

• Yes.

Votes: 69 31.1%
  • No.

Votes: 99 44.6%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 54 24.3%

• Total voters

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who is planning on purchasing Applecare for their iPad?

Thanks for the poll suggestion wot_fan!

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only $100, it's worth it.

I work at an Apple service center and see daily the times it paid heavily to have Apple Care on Mac products, saving customers Hundreds of dollars in one repair alone.

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased it with my pre-order, along with the binder type Apple case.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I purchased Apple Care.A

I Purchased with my pre order. 3 of my children told me to be sure and purchase Apple Care. ;)

scarlettohara1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually purchased the Apple Care Protection Plan yesterday when I ordered my iPad 64GB WiFi+3G; however a few hours later Apple sent me an email informing me that (at least for now) they have not been given authorization from the state I live in to sell me the Apple Care PP.

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not initially, I may get it when the warranty is close to running out, but I'll have to see what the product lineup looks like at that time. I may decide to sell my 16GB WiFi unit at that time and upgrade, depending on the situation.

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually purchased Applecare. I normally don't bother with extended warrantee's, but unlike my Mac and PC's, I'm not likely going to open my iPad and fix things on my own.

geo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same message from Apple about not being able to do AppleCare in my state...Texas.

GarynDallass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I purchased my 32g wifi Ipad, I also purchased Apple Care. That was at about 11a CST. I didn't get an email confirmation until about midnight. I live in Dallas, Texas. Apple advised me that I could not get Apple Care in Texas because it wasn't available. That just saved me 100.00. I have gotten Apple Care on other Apple products here.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing that I purchase these extended warranties for are mission critical servers. It is a big money maker for the people who sell them though as the claims percentage is usually around 15%. When I purchase something at Best Buy they always try to push the extended warranty at you. My response is why do I need that? Is there something wrong with the merchandise that I should know about? If my purchase is going to require an extended warranty then maybe I shouldn't buy it at all.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have apple care on my mac pro and my mom's imac but this device is too inexpensive to really need it. I think you get 1 year to add it...so maybe i will in that time...but it comes with a 1 year warranty.

lp1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased it with my 16GB WiFi. I didn't order it with my iPhone and got lucky that each problem I had (exchanged twice) was under warranty.

Most reactions