What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchasing Applecare for the iPad

Will you purchase Applecare for the iPad?

• Yes.

Votes: 69 31.1%
  • No.

Votes: 99 44.6%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 54 24.3%

• Total voters

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All extended warranties are a rip off. One for cars, electronics, and whatever. The underwriter pays out on less than 20% of the policies. A big money maker for Apple and a big money taker away for the consumer.

denmiller60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First time I EVER bought any kind of extended warranty. With a new product, not wanting to wait to buy one, not sure what issues I might run into ...

ayuryogini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Square Trade 3yr warranty for my 64 gb 3G WiFi; I know of others who have used Square Trade and have good results and I like that it covers accidents, like drops, spills; wish I had it for my iPod Touch when it went through the washer; after drying out for a week, it still works, just turns off when I turn the volume up, and I just turn it right back on and pick up where I left off.

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought apple care for my imac and a ipod and luckly haven't needed to use them, but square trade seems the way to go.

ryan8813

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was glad I bought Apple Care on my mac when the HD died in the second year. Service was great, but think I'm going to pass on the iPad. Anything that goes wrong with it should happen in the first year... and that's already covered by Apple.

frank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you mite be sorry ! depend on the system you have . for 99.00 you cant beat that plus your dealing with a touch screen not a touch pad newer tech . just some good advice frank

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
Will use my AMEX will an additional warranty for a year.

Wow I forgot about that...I bought it on my Gold Amex...thanks for the great insight. I orginally ordered mine with AppleCare, but then Apple told me that they were not offering it in Florida so they removed that from the order and then the week my iPad shipped I received a message from Apple stating that they are now covering in Florida and would like to know if I wanted to add the warranty to it....which I did.

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
They probably have to write upnsome legal document per state or have to find an insurance thirdnparty within the state? Not sure hownthat works, but it sounds like health insurance.

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
AppleCare is generally a no-hassle warranty...it breaks, they fix or replace it. I've had 3rd party warranties on other products in the past and it seems like they live to say "No, it's not covered," when you actually need it, but perhaps the credit card and Square Space are the exceptions, I don't know. But I do know the few times I've had AppleCare it's paid for itself. (One motherboard and a hard disk on one iBook, which would've cost over a thousand dollars put me way ahead and more than paid for the repair and all the other AppleCares I've gotten.)

Like any insurance, you're paying for a certain amount of peace of mind.

Wrxified

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with Square Trade. $10 less than AppleCare, I get an extra year and they cover accidental damage. Have had it on ebay items I've purchased in the past and it was needed once. They came through and handled it very quickly.

Most reactions

Latest posts