What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulse News Reader

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check it out if you haven't already. It is $3.99, but it is unlike any other news reader you've ever used.

Check it out and let me know what you think, 5/5 in my opinion!

FYI this is just a recommendation. I'm not affiliated in any way with this app or company, I just wanted to share it with the community because that's how I stumbled across it and it's great!

Screenshot below:

imagedwy.jpg

Last edited:

jacqth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not good

Don't waste your money. The darn thing doesn't get refresh properly, new messages are being updated.

OP
A

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't waste your money. The darn thing doesn't get refresh properly, new messages are being updated.

Strange, seems to work no problem for me. Possibly a problem with your Internet connection when it doesn't refresh?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gets pretty terrible reviews. I saw this on App Advice today and even they somewhat warned against it. Bugs, crashes, etc.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love this app. It's fast vibrant and a pleasure to use as it plays to the strengths of the iPad.
If I'm showing off my machine this is the app I start with.
So far I've never had a crash....

James Goddard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny, I use it probably more than any other app and have had 0 issues with it, and never seen a bad review. Maybe you should try it before you trash it.

Gets pretty terrible reviews. I saw this on App Advice today and even they somewhat warned against it. Bugs, crashes, etc.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have Early Edition. I was just going by the reviews in the app store. I don't see why I would buy yet another reader. You have never seen a bad review? Go to the app store. Hit most recent review. Here are some basics from the first few reviews:

- Takes forever to load
- Thumbnails for all stories gone (I know this would be the case, it's that way in Early Edition too)
- Promising but too few feeds (you can only have 20 total RSS feeds, I have more so I won't use it)
- Very unstable
- "Crash city"
- Nice app, crashes a lot
- Wait to buy, not ready from prime time

Seriously, go read the reviews. No reason for me to spend 4 bucks on a limited buggy RSS feed service.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh I'm blessed with one of the few working copies then.:D

Glad I never read the reviews.......

Bloody excellent app. I commend it most heartily!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm actually starting to look for a no frills RSS reader that simply delivers the news.

James Goddard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No reason for me to spend 4 bucks on a limited buggy RSS feed service.

But plenty of reason to trash it publicly without using it. Again, I use it all day, never a single issue.

If it looks like a troll, walks like a troll and quacks like a troll...

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No reason for me to spend 4 bucks on a limited buggy RSS feed service.

But plenty of reason to trash it publicly without using it. Again, I use it all day, never a single issue.

If it looks like a troll, walks like a troll and quacks like a troll...
Yes, I'm a troll. You figured me out. I didn't personally trash it...I simply quoted reviews FROM THE APP STORE. So quoting reviews from the App Store and app reviews is not allowed all of the sudden?

And do you deny that you cannot go above 20 feeds?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please re-read my posts, I was clearly repeating what the reviews said about the app. When taken out of context like you quoted me in the above post, yes. When you read the full post, no.

Are you guys the app developer or something? Some of you seem awfully upset that I simply re-posted comments from iTunes.

Last edited:

James Goddard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have nothing to do with the product other than being an actual user. I just want to make sure that anyone reading this thread knows that your trashing of the app is not based on actually using it.

Most reactions

Latest posts