What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proud owner of an iPad mini

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The BT keyboard works; the mouse doesn't. There is a way of doing it, but it involves jailbreaking.

Also, using the split keyboard, if you touch the screen off the edge of the split, you can access the 3 keys from the other part, so touching the screen to the right of the T key will give you a Y.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yeah, I'll have to buy the wireless keyboard. The fact that the Magic Mouse doesn't work tells me that the iPad mini doesn't support a cursor, but that's fine.

Thanks for the tip about touching the screen outside of the split, that's a very nice feature.

xTyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ardchoille said:
Yeah, I'll have to buy the wireless keyboard. The fact that the Magic Mouse doesn't work tells me that the iPad mini doesn't support a cursor, but that's fine.

Thanks for the tip about touching the screen outside of the split, that's a very nice feature.

Hey Man let me know how the wireless keyboard is when you purchase one.
Be completely honest about your thoughts and opinions about the keyboard.
Because I will take your thoughts and opinions in account if I decide to get one or not.

Thanks,
xTyler

Sent from my iPad Mini

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Because I will take your thoughts and opinions in account if I decide to get one or not.

Thanks,
xTyler

Sent from my iPad Mini

Will do :)

xTyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad Mini I believe will make more sales than the iPad 4, several reasons being the price is not that outrageous, the device is more portable (fits in hoodie pocket), and the quality is rich without the retina display. So far from what I've heard on the news and seen that the iPad Mini is selling faster and have made more sales than the iPad 4 and that's incredible. I've had my iPad mini for little over a week now and I still can't put it down... I enjoy developing new wallpapers from apps that are free from the AppStore and I'm impressed with the quality and all the apps I've installed so far. So if your deciding what you should get (iPad Mini or iPad 4 or any other lower versions of iPad) I would strongly suggest that you review all devices to fit your personal needs.

Sent from my iPad Mini

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad Mini I believe will make more sales than the iPad 4, several reasons being the price is not that outrageous, the device is more portable (fits in hoodie pocket), and the quality is rich without the retina display. So far from what I've heard on the news and seen that the iPad Mini is selling faster and have made more sales than the iPad 4 and that's incredible. I've had my iPad mini for little over a week now and I still can't put it down... I enjoy developing new wallpapers from apps that are free from the AppStore and I'm impressed with the quality and all the apps I've installed so far. So if your deciding what you should get (iPad Mini or iPad 4 or any other lower versions of iPad) I would strongly suggest that you review all devices to fit your personal needs.

Sent from my iPad Mini

Agreed. I was actually shopping for an iPad 3 just before the mini was announced and I'm glad I waited.. I think the 3 would have been too big for my needs. And, I don't notice the lack of retina at all.

xTyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ardchoille said:
Agreed. I was actually shopping for an iPad 3 just before the mini was announced and I'm glad I waited.. I think the 3 would have been too big for my needs. And, I don't notice the lack of retina at all.

That's what I almost did too.

Sent from my iPad Mini

Socalshocker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya I bring mine to work and make all my patients hold it to see how light/thin it is ... Apple should send me a free one for all this advertising I'm doing for them :)

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks,
xTyler

Sent from my iPad Mini

I wrote a small review of the wireless keyboard in use with the iPad mini. You can find the review here:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/97664-ipad-apple-wireless-keyboard.html

dongeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ardchoille said:

Believe it or not, I wrote a letter to Apple asking them to make smaller tablet when the first iPad came out. Needless to say, I waited more than 2 years to get the Mini. (I used a BlckBerry PlayBook in the meantime, but ditched it as soon as the Mini came out).

jdelrizzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I just bought me an iPad mini black 64 gb with AT&T, and well I love it, it's suppose to be for my wife, wink wink, any how it's a great device but it won't be replacing my iPad 3rd gen still have its a 32 gb with AT&T, and I do notice the lack of retina display, mostly when playing the game clash of clans. I thought I wouldn't notice it but I do!

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I wrote a letter to Apple asking them to make smaller tablet when the first iPad came out. Needless to say, I waited more than 2 years to get the Mini. (I used a BlckBerry PlayBook in the meantime, but ditched it as soon as the Mini came out).

I'll bet a lot of people did the same thing.. and that had an impact on Apple's decision to make the iPad mini.

I just bought me an iPad mini black 64 gb with AT&T, and well I love it, it's suppose to be for my wife, wink wink, any how it's a great device but it won't be replacing my iPad 3rd gen still have its a 32 gb with AT&T, and I do notice the lack of retina display, mostly when playing the game clash of clans. I thought I wouldn't notice it but I do!

Well, you have to test it, right? ;)
I don't have any games installed, I might notice it if I were gamer.

jdelrizzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I didn't have to test it, I didn't do a side by side comparison, I simply just loaded the same game on my ipad mini and right away noticed the difference.

george lewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first post and may be on the wrong site for these questions, if so, please direct me. I have never had a iPad in my hands. I have a Windows laptop w/router which is a little clumsy while moving in and out of my recliner. I think I would like a small iPad (mini) for easy portability. I am on AOL, I do email, read the news, markets, type and print a letter to my wireless printer, etc. I just never tried games...but could. I have an iPhone 4 and love it as all do. Is there anything (reasonable) that I can not do with a mini that my laptop does...maybe a hard question, but my needs are very basic...

I am 80 YO, retired, love my laptop (wife has desktop) but want something I can pick up and lay down easily...thanks for any help.

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is my first post and may be on the wrong site for these questions, if so, please direct me. I have never had a iPad in my hands. I have a Windows laptop w/router which is a little clumsy while moving in and out of my recliner. I think I would like a small iPad (mini) for easy portability. I am on AOL, I do email, read the news, markets, type and print a letter to my wireless printer, etc. I just never tried games...but could. I have an iPhone 4 and love it as all do. Is there anything (reasonable) that I can not do with a mini that my laptop does...maybe a hard question, but my needs are very basic...

I am 80 YO, retired, love my laptop (wife has desktop) but want something I can pick up and lay down easily...thanks for any help.

Well, you can stick the iPad mini in a jacket pocket, it's small and very portable. On the other hand you would have to get used to an on-screen keyboard, it's much different than a physical keyboard. Thankfully, Apple's on-screen keyboard is very good at spell correction and word prediction. I went from a netbook keyboard to the iPhone 4S and found that I didn't have much trouble. I purchased the Apple wireless keyboard to use with my mini and now have a "netbook-type" setup.

I'm 49 years old and owned a desktop computer and a netbook prior to purchasing the iPhone 4S. I now have an iPhone 4S and an iPad mini and have given away my desktop computer and netbook. I do plan to purchase a MacBook Pro but only because I can't install a full copy of Photoshop on iOS devices - I'm a graphics designer and miss the full image editing apps. I'm the type of person that is more comfortable with the same, or nearly the same, operating system on all devices and that's why I'm moving everything to OS X and iOS - Apple products are just much more polished and stable than anything else I've seen.

It's just my opinion, but if you have a laptop and an iPhone, and are comfortable with them, there's not much need for an iPad mini unless you want one. We must use that which meets our individual needs. An iPad mini will definitely be easier for you when moving into and out of your recliner.

I would recommend going to a store and playing with an iPad mini for a bit, that will help you determine if the device is right for you.

Last edited:

Most reactions