What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protection plan

Simpson1190

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen several threads about the pros and cons of apple care. What about the alternative protection plans I've seen advertised that covers damage just not defects, anybody purchased these? If so, have you ever had to use it? My only worry is how legit are they. If I spend a hundred bucks on one of these plans and I drop my iPad in the toilet, will they actually replace it? Anybody have any thoughts?

pastorsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Care is totally worth it. If you have an issued during the protection period, you are taken care of immediately. It's not cheap but it's a lot cheaper than replacing a computer, phone, tablet or iPod once the one-year warranty is up.

OP
S

Simpson1190

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pastorsteve said:
Apple Care is totally worth it. If you have an issued during the protection period, you are taken care of immediately. It's not cheap but it's a lot cheaper than replacing a computer, phone, tablet or iPod once the one-year warranty is up.

Well My understanding is that apple care covers malfunctions due to defects Not due to physical damage caused by dropping or getting the iPad wet. Is there any good protection plans that protect against that?

pastorsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pastorsteve said:

Well My understanding is that apple care covers malfunctions due to defects Not due to physical damage caused by dropping or getting the iPad wet. Is there any good protection plans that protect against that?

That would be an insurance plan. I didn't know they have insurance plans for iPads like they do phones. That would be a different policy over and above a warranty.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try square trade. 95.00 for two yes accidental spills and drops

ipaduser19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to disagree with the other posts that Apple care is worth it. Are these Apple employees? It is really a complete rip off. The chance of an actual "defect" in the unit is small, and it would certainly appear before their normal warranty period is up. The plan does not cover the screen which is the thing most likely to fracture or break. I would save your money and look for something more like insurance.

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
try a warranty called mack they have warrantys for every thing i know people that get the mack warranty for there tvs and mack stands behind there if the tv breaks they will get you a new ..

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't buy extra coverage, but SquareTrade is reputable, and there often are online coupon codes or discounts for its coverage.

The value of coverage is like with most purchases -- the only opinion that really counts is whoever's doing the buying (or not) for his own device.

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I don't buy extra coverage, but SquareTrade is reputable, and there often are online coupon codes or discounts for its coverage.

The value of coverage is like with most purchases -- the only opinion that really counts is whoever's doing the buying (or not) for his own device.

I purchased Squaretrade for my daughters phone, $99 for two years, it includes up to two claims for accidental drops and water damage. I heard a lot of positives regarding claims so I figured it would be a good way to go.

Most reactions

Latest posts