What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

prompter apps for iPad

ibgeorgeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any pastors who are using an iPad prompter app to deliver your sermons or lessons? If so, which app and how effective is it? I appreciate any responses.

write-stuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.richarddawkins.net
I don't know about preachers, but there is at least one teleprompter app out there. Don't know how well it would work for a whole "sermon" though since it keeps scrolling. Maybe it can talk to an iPhone using Bluetooth so that the iPhone is used as a remote control.

prouser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently use i-Prompt Pro which is a free app. I use it with a wired remote control which i got after downloading the app. Really helps me in the field when i'm making small films as I can control the speed of the script and play and pause it without having to stand next to it.

lenbo41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the DvPrompter app for the iPad and I built this inexpensive teleprompter too:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Wd_gBCfQA[/ame]

prouser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also downloaded dv Prompter and found that it is nearly identical to i-Prompt Pro. Looks like it is made by the same developer. Do you have any use for a controller ?

lenbo41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
prouser said:
I also downloaded dv Prompter and found that it is nearly identical to i-Prompt Pro. Looks like it is made by the same developer. Do you have any use for a controller ?

no need for a remote at the moment. But I'm curious, does dv Promter support using an iPod Touch as a wireless remote control to the iPad via Bluetooth?

prouser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it doesn't but I was in contact with the company regarding this because I really like their app and have been told they are releasing a new version very soon. The new version will have bluetooth connectivity so it can be controlled from another device and a web interface so that documents can be sent from a computer to the iPad.

lenbo41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
prouser said:
No it doesn't but I was in contact with the company regarding this because I really like their app and have been told they are releasing a new version very soon. The new version will have bluetooth connectivity so it can be controlled from another device and a web interface so that documents can be sent from a computer to the iPad.

Bluetooth from ipod to ipad would be a great feature. Start/stop, as well as speed up/slow down control via wireless remote would make it easy for one-man operation ( e.g., when taping a podcast or instructional video). Thank's for the heads up.

prouser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I think you will be able to do this. I am in the UK and when I called the company to find out they told me they will be releasing a public beta soon and asked me if i was interested in trying it out so they took my details over the phone. Might be worth you sending them a email or something since your based in the US if you wanted to be apart of the beta. Their website is The Datavision i-Prompter and iPrompt application.

Most reactions

Latest posts