What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with iTunes

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is going to sound really mad! I am having sound problems with iTunes on my Desk Top PC. It seems to keep skipping and fizzing and crackling and just generaly making random white noise. So i thought I would try from a differnt source in case it was the speakers, headphones, or God forbid the sound card! I have just been playing live TV via Media Centre and sound is fine. I can't make iTunes do it to order, so as I say this sounds mad because iTunes does not actually "produce sound" per say does it?

Any one got any ideas!

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would try to play something thru Windows media center and make sure the speakers are OK. Go to My Computer and check the speaker setup. In iTunes check the EQ settings.

OP
Grandad

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would try to play something thru Windows media center and make sure the speakers are OK. Go to My Computer and check the speaker setup. In iTunes check the EQ settings.

Thanks for that did all that and everything checks out. Whilst i was doing this it suddenly occured to me that iTunes probably uses Quicktime to play music. So i checked, and found i needed a Quicktime upgrade, and then set the sound out preferences to safe mode, wave out. I am testing it now to see if it makes any difference. Thanks agin though, because it was you that put that thought in my head!

Most reactions