What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems reading Adobe Digital Edition eBook

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased a book on Kobobooks.com with Adobe Digital Editions PDF.
The book displays fine on my PC using the Adobe Digital Editions, however, I cannot
find a reader to display it properly on the iPad2. Kobo App wouldn't display it in the Library so can't use it.
Any suggestions please?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Adobe Reader app will probably work.

BlueFire Reader and Overdrive Media Console are designed to work with various libraries' digital lending programs. They support Adobe Digital Editions, and will probably work.

OP
N

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Adobe Reader app will probably work.

BlueFire Reader and Overdrive Media Console are designed to work with various libraries' digital lending programs. They support Adobe Digital Editions, and will probably work.

Thanks. I tried BlueFire Reader, it opens the eBook, but the pages get stuck sometimes and had to reinstall twice. Overdrive will transfer directly from a Library only.

OP
N

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Oh well, sorry. Any luck with the Adobe Reader app?

The Reader does not support files with DRM control. I sent an email to Kobo, but may not hear from them for a while. I guess I have to be more careful with what I buy. The sad thing is that, I purchased this eBook from Kobo store. I may try and ask for my money back.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Goodreader to read some of my books but I'm not sure of Kobo. I'm really interested to know about Kobo because in UK our WH Smith company app is changing to Kobo so please let me know how you get on. I'd really like to know.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Coralee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another idea is to look for a file converter - I have had mixed success with this. I use iBooks and Bluefire - I wonder if your file is somehow corrupt?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Reader does not support files with DRM control. I sent an email to Kobo, but may not hear from them for a while. I guess I have to be more careful with what I buy. The sad thing is that, I purchased this eBook from Kobo store. I may try and ask for my money back.

I would follow up on that e-mail, that's for sure. If you bought the book from Kobo, yet can't open it with Kobo's app, then yes, they have caused you a problem. All major book stores do load DRM on their books, but the deal is that you can open the books with the book stores reader/app.

So, maybe you have a bad copy. Either way, Kobo owes you either a book or money - cause it should work with their reader.

Marilyn

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rakuten, the Japanese company, has taken over Kobo this month, so this could explain any delays. I only know this as WH Smith emailed me to tell me this. I'm not worrying yet!!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

OP
N

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got through to a Kobo help staff yesterday. This afternoon, I received an email confirming a refund. Thanks all.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That was good of them.

Hopefully you can find the book (for the same or less) from a source that does support the iPad.

Thanks for the followup.

OP
N

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was good of them.

Hopefully you can find the book (for the same or less) from a source that does support the iPad.

Thanks for the followup.

I did ! I found a compatible version at eBooks and I am very happy with it. Cheers.

Most reactions

Latest posts