What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem

Sharniie786

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm having problems with my iPad 2 since I updated it to version 5.1 the sound doesn't come on as I'm playing games, I thought it might be game settings but they're turned on and then I thought it might be the iPad itself so I went it to the settings and turned up the volume there and it was the same also I can't hear sounds from notifications either.... Help!! Thanks

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check general settings/side switch. Is it set to mute or rotate? If it set to mute move the switch located next to you volume switch and see if that helps.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suppose the people sitting near you will appreciate the lack of sound on your games.
Sorry.He...hee.....
Have you tried your earphones ?
Can you hear the sound through them?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sharniie786 said:
I've done both those things and nothing.... Hmmmmmm......

What is the switch set to and do you get a volume icon on the display if you push the volume switch up or down?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this.....

Double tap the home button then swipe the bottom of your screen right. You will see a control panel of sorts.

Do you see the speaker icon to the far left? Does it have a slash through it?

OP
S

Sharniie786

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The button is set to rotation lock, the volume button when you swipe the 'recent apps' screen it doesn't have a slash in it... The headphones work perfectly, it's happened since I restored and updated the iPad! I don't know what else to try..?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sharniie786 said:
The button is set to rotation lock, the volume button when you swipe the 'recent apps' screen it doesn't have a slash in it... The headphones work perfectly, it's happened since I restored and updated the iPad! I don't know what else to try..?

Ok...this is going to sound nuts but try it.

Change the switch setting from rotation lock to mute. Then mute sound. Then unmute sound.....FROM the switch then test.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts