What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Javascript Problem and Slow Web Browsing

shawnbuddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible for the new iPad to have corrupted Javascript? Or is there another app that will mess up the Javascript? My Safari runs fine when the Javascript is turned off, but when it's on it feels like I'm browsing over 56k again. Pages take forever to fully load and my debug console lights up with errors and notes. Is there a way to fix this issue? I'd really appreciate any help. I'm a new iPad owner and I love this device, except for this problem.

OP
S

shawnbuddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, on the sites that slow down, what happens is I'll I'll get like 20 errors that all say "Javascript: Error on line one and then Unsafe Javascript attempt to access frame with URL (URL of an element). Domains, protocols and ports much match."

tmac77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slow javascript rendering on iPad Retina, iPad 3, iPad HD

I'm experiencing the same problem. It appears the javascript is running extremely slow. There's a noticeable difference between the new iPad and the iPad 2. I don't get any issues in the debug console though. So I don't think the errors you're seeing are directly related to the pages loading slowly when javascript is enabled.

Like you, loading the page with javascript disabled works perfectly, but with it enabled is runs very very slow. I'm also finding animations like javascript carousels, and expanding menus etc are performing quite badly with quite jerky animations.

Not sure if it's a bug, or just an issues with rendering on such a high resolution screen.

Tom

Most reactions

Latest posts