What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Newsstand App - Internal error

gordonisnz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

I've bought a new IPAD this week. & today, obtained / subscribed to NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC on the newsstand app.

When i click on the national geographic picture, I see the list of puvlications & i've already downloaded the latest issue (before this error).

when I view the "list" of monthly publications, I get an error at the top of the screen - something about an internal configuration error & unable to complete my request.

i can't proceed with reading the latest issue.

QUERY :- How / what do I do to re-upload re-fix the Newsstand programme ? Do I just delete it from my apps & re-install it ?
will my newsly-purchased (yearly) subscription be wiped ? or will i still have that ?

Doctor Hades

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had problems reading magazines from Pocketmags that led to much frustration when I was trying to read purchased copies of Rugby League World and The Complete iPad Guide. I repeatedly deleted then redownloaded the magazine apps, only to encounter the same issues. In the end the publisher, who I contacted by email, suggested I use the standalone Pocketmags app instead and that worked once they added the magazines I'd bought to my library. It turned out that the issues I encountered were due to high server demand across the Christmas period and once that eased the apps started working fine. Also the publisher is updating the apps over the coming months so hopefully I won't see these issues again as they nearly put me off buying digital magazines completely.

As you cannot delete the Newsstand app, I'd first suggest deleting then redownloading the National Geographic app first. It should not delete your subscription if you were signed into an account when you purchased it. I don't know who publishes that magazine but if the NG app still does not work then you could see if there's a publisher app (which appears as another icon on the Home screen outside of the Newsstand app). As long as you sign in using the same account as the NG app then your magazine will appear in your library and you can redownload it from there.

Most reactions