What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem with a film

frankros03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi to all

i've rented a film (snatch) - NO PROBLEM
i've downloaded it in Itunes - NO PROBLEM
i've sincrnized ipad - NO PROBLEM

now when i try to see it i just receive a complete black screen and nothing else

i've already try to switch it off
i've still 21Gb

please help my rent period end tomorrow

thanks

iKarnt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.adapt.com.au
Sounds to me what you have done is put it in iTunes as a different file format or resolution that your iPad can handle.
I would download "handbrake" a open source video conversion program that will take your snatch movie file and format it to the correct aspect ratio, size and file format for your iPad. It's only a small 4 mb program, and easy to use. A very obvious iPad option is on the output options on right. I can then sleep knowing you will be able to watch this classic on your iPad. Schweeet!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi to all

i've rented a film (snatch) - NO PROBLEM
i've downloaded it in Itunes - NO PROBLEM
i've sincrnized ipad - NO PROBLEM

now when i try to see it i just receive a complete black screen and nothing else

i've already try to switch it off
i've still 21Gb

please help my rent period end tomorrow

thanks

OK - did you download this to iTunes on the iPad? Not sure why the synchronisation. The normal way - at least the one that I use - to rent a video is to download it directly to my iPad. I've never synchronised my iPad after day 1.

When you say 'I try to see it' do you mean that the video icon appears in the iPad's 'Video' app? In other words, the video is 'on' your iPad but you simply can't play it for some reason, or that you can't see the video that you rented on your iPad at all.

The sync process tries to make the iPad and the PC 'identical', so the sync process may have removed the video from your iPad. I cannot recall whether you can download rented movies again during the valid rental period, but it might be worth a try - and just keep the iPad and the PC away from each other. As one Forum member has as his tag line "Think before you sync or you may sink".

Get back to us if this doesn't help

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions