What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem using Itunes to do a restore on my ipad 7th gen.

dblatchford1107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a pc running windows 7.
Have iTunes installed, updated to version 12.10.11.2

My problem is when I try to do a factory restore on my IPad 7th gen on my PC (it's updated to latest ipados) with iTunes it tells me I need the latest version of iTunes to restore.

Its updated and I also used the apple software update tool to check and it tells me it's current. Itunes sees the ipad and backs it up just fine, and I can put the ipad into DFU mode and itunes recognizes this and prompts me to do a restore, just gives the message that I need to update to the most current version of itunes to do so.

If the problem is that In need the version 12.12.2, My PC is running Win7 and this versions requires windows 10 and Windows 7 wont support iTunes version 12.12.2.

Hence I can't do the restore on my Ipad because of this.

Is there anything I can do or perhaps any free itunes compatible software that will let me do a restore?

What do I do?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have a pc running windows 7.
Have iTunes installed, updated to version 12.10.11.2

My problem is when I try to do a factory restore on my IPad 7th gen on my PC (it's updated to latest ipados) with iTunes it tells me I need the latest version of iTunes to restore.

Its updated and I also used the apple software update tool to check and it tells me it's current. Itunes sees the ipad and backs it up just fine, and I can put the ipad into DFU mode and itunes recognizes this and prompts me to do a restore, just gives the message that I need to update to the most current version of itunes to do so.

If the problem is that In need the version 12.12.2, My PC is running Win7 and this versions requires windows 10 and Windows 7 wont support iTunes version 12.12.2.

Hence I can't do the restore on my Ipad because of this.

Is there anything I can do or perhaps any free itunes compatible software that will let me do a restore?

What do I do?
Why don’t you restore your iPad directly from its settings, where you can reset various aspects including a complete factory reset.

Most reactions

Latest posts