What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem upgrading to 3.2.2

dsefton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to upgrade my iPad to 3.2.2. The backup process takes so long that my iPad loses all power before it finishes - my USB connection cannot provide a charge. When I sync the iPad every day I abort the backup because of this, but I can see no way of doing this during the upgrade process. Does anyone know of a solution?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the 10 watt charger that came with your iPad and charge it to 100% before doing the upgrade.

OP
D

dsefton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you're right - I have not jail broken, and I had to give up after 12 hours, by which time the battery was down to 25%. And that was after running the process to the point where the progress indication showed only about 5% had completed. What are the experiences of other upgraders?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your battery level is going down even if you are plugged into your computer and if you are having trouble doing the backup, I suspect there might be a problem with the connection between your iPad and your computer.

Even though your iPad shows "Not Charging" when it is plugged into your computer's USB port, it really is charging, but very slowly and your iPad definitely should not be losing battery power when plugged in.

You might try doing a system reset by holding in the Home button at the bottom of the screen and the Sleep/Wake button on top at the same time until the Apple logo comes on the screen. Then you can let go and let your iPad start up normally. This seems to cure a lot strange problems! After that, then you can try to update.

Most reactions

Latest posts