What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem to erase and reset my ipad 2

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
why i cant erase and restore my 32gb ipad 2 through settings. It is stuck, at zero not moving since last few hours. If I connect with itunes, I have to upgrade to 4.3.5, while I am on 4.3.3 and want to JB untethered.

Any advise or solution will be hugely appreciated. Thanks

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had the same problem. i will remember not to choose 'reset all settings' as it seems to act that way with a jailbroken ipad2. is yours JB?

but before i did that, i managed to save my shsh blobs, so i was able to restore back to 4.3.3.

Last edited:
OP
Z

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thanks, mine is not jail broken, damn that..lol

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry. if you haven't done the JB with your current firmware and saved the shsh blob, prior to selecting 'reset all settings', i'm afraid you cannot get back to 4.3.3.

there are some discussions about JB with a 4.3.5, but i haven't looked in depth to these. maybe others can help you.

OP
Z

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
88raymond said:
sorry. if you haven't done the JB with your current firmware and saved the shsh blob, prior to selecting 'reset all settings', i'm afraid you cannot get back to 4.3.3.

there are some discussions about JB with a 4.3.5, but i haven't looked in depth to these. maybe others can help you.

Dude! I am at 4.3.3 and want to erase set and jb to sell it. Mine is not jail broken. I do not want to upgrade to 4.3.5:( and I might be still able to save my blob. Just please put me on easy and workable pathway! Thanks

carols

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak first. Or you will be guided to update to 4.3.5/ There is no jailbreak 4.3.5 by now. Or just wait for the ios5//

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you'll be able to JB using this tutorial... http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...utorial-jailbreak-ipad2-4-3-3-jbme-3-0-a.html

then go to cydia... that's where you'll see if you can still get your shsh blob... but i read somewhere in this forum that apple is not signing anymore for the 4.3.3, so i'm not sure if you can still get your blob... try it anyway, a JB'd device still opens your ipad to new possibilities!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First of all you should not use the "Erase all content and settings" option of the iPad. It really does not do what you think it would and it tends to be more trouble than it is worth...

I'm afraid if you want to erase your iPad2, then jailbreak it so that you can sell it, you are out of luck. There is no way that you can restore 4.3.3 now because you do not have saved blobs for 4.3.3 and there is no way to get them now.

Your ONLY option if you want to erase the iPad is to restore to 4.3.5, but you CANNOT jailbreak that version.

Here are the facts on iPad2 jailbreak - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html

Hope that helps.

OP
Z

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. It is JB, cant erase and restore. I can remove contacts one by one or if I can all together? on the tablet it self. I have removed music by connecting to itunes, but from tab it self would like to remove photos and clean the calender. Pls advise me asap. I have sold it and would like to ship asap,

thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are going to clean it up manually (and I would never recommend that) there is no shortcut. You will just have to remove your contacts manually. Make sure you go through all the settings in the Settings app and remove your details. Particularly mail and iTunes store.

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there's a cydia tweak named "erase contacts" that i use to take out all contacts info in one fell swoop. i can't help you with the calendar entries, though :)

OP
Z

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
88raymond said:
there's a cydia tweak named "erase contacts" that i use to take out all contacts info in one fell swoop. i can't help you with the calendar entries, though :)

Thanks I shall use cydia tweak for contacts, much appreciated . May be some one will come up with some solution re calendar too.

Most reactions