What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit - not working properly

jeanffrench

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 60GB IPad 1 says it doesn't recognize my camera connection kit, but nevertheless I am able to successfully import a few photos (about five) from my full 2GB SD card.

However, if I attempt to import all, or more than about five photos, then IPad "spits the dummy", closes the Photos application, and takes me to the desktop (or whatever it is called in IPad-speak).

The same thing keeps happening, even after I power the IPad off and re-start it from the white apple.

Obviously the camera and SD card settings are ok because I can import some photos.

I am inclined to think that the device or the IPad does not like the size of the 2GB SD card, which is full. I have not tested this with a smaller card, or on a card with fewer photos, but will do so when I can.

Anyone else having a similar experience? Is there any way to overcome this problem? I got the CCK so as to make a backup copy of photos while traveling, and so far it is useless.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a 16 GB card and have no issues. I have 2 different cards and both work fine as well as my 8 GB cards (including 8 GB CF cards downloaded directly from camera). I've used the CC for several years with both Ipad 1 and 3. I don't expect this is the issue but I remember someone found that their CC didn't Mount correctly in port with their case and got error similar to yours. Took it out of case and it worked.

Have you done a soft reset??--holding in both the home button and power button until the white apple comes back? It sounds as though you are just powering off but a reset may take care of it. If neither works I'd check wth Apple/Apple genius at store.

Most reactions