What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing

Laurieth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a iPad and until recently I could print to a HP B210 photosmart printer, in the last few days I can no longer do that and have no idea why. The printer does work with another laptop in the house.

Suggestions would be appreciated, I am not very computer savvy but would like to get it working.

THANKS

Laurie

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Laurie - I'm assuming that when your HP printer was working that the iPad was using the AirPrint connection? I use a different option to print to my Cannon Pixma.

I would first suggest that you 'power recycle' all of your devices, i.e. unplug the cords to your modem and router, and then plug the modem in first followed by the router; also reset your iPad (directions HERE) - you could also reboot your computer and unplug your printer - just a few simple steps that will not cause an issue - give these a try.

If the printing does not return, then please post back to this thread - good luck! :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The usual problem is caused by the router re-assigning the printer's IP address (this is the address that the iPad uses to send information to your printer). If you have devices which come and go from your house - the iPad, iPhone etc - the router re-assigns IP addresses and, sometimes, it changes the printer's IP address too. So, when your iPad returns home, it can become 'confused' because the address it has for the printer no longer works.

If you know how to do this, the way forward is to tell your router to assign a 'static IP address' to the printer - meaning that it will never change that address in future. If you're not sure how to do this, let us know the make and model of your router and we'll walk you through the process.

giradman's suggestions are good too and will give a temporary fix until the router re-assigns the addresses again!!

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts