What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

printing from ipad

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AirPrint Activator v2.2b2 is what I use on my iMac to provide AirPrint capabilities for my 5 iOS devices. It is free but you can donate versus FingerPrint which costs $10 and Printopia which costs $20.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Mac users also have an app store, separate from the iOS one: the Mac App Store. The word app has slipped into general usage for all platforms.

Yes I know, I have a MacBook pro that has been languishing and it's newer than my iPad. I really should use it more. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes I know, I have a MacBook pro that has been languishing and it's newer than my iPad. I really should use it more. :)

Ah. My mistake then. The terms have become so mixed up half the time I'm not sure what I'm talking about, let alone others. ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
AirPrint Activator v2.2b2 is what I use on my iMac to provide AirPrint capabilities for my 5 iOS devices. It is free but you can donate versus FingerPrint which costs $10 and Printopia which costs $20.

I should have mentioned it, but I lost any reliable links to it.

I like the extra features and ease of installation you get with the paid solutions, but it's a matter of needs, cost, and preferences. I got Printopia because I found it first. Later I discovered it had a few more features more than FingerPrint. I don't know if that is still true.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Ah. My mistake then. The terms have become so mixed up half the time I'm not sure what I'm talking about, let alone others. ;)

As far as my Mac is concerned, I'm not up on it at all. So I can confuse myself with it very easily. :)

I really should learn all about it, it's such a waste otherwise. Just need time! And who has any of that?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I should have mentioned it, but I lost any reliable links to it.

I like the extra features and ease of installation you get with the paid solutions, but it's a matter of needs, cost, and preferences. I got Printopia because I found it first. Later I discovered it had a few more features more than FingerPrint. I don't know if that is still true.

The newest versions have an installer and uninstaller finally. And it is now part of the settings panel. The rewrite is fantastic.

Reaction score
Can anyone make a recommendation on a high quality printer with onboard air net print capabilities?

Most reactions

Latest posts