What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing from iPad 2 - problems

OP
evennewerbie

evennewerbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=5295967

This is the link for your manual. Details on how to set up the printer on protected wifi network are explained in detail. Air print will find your printer once set up. Hope this helps. Colin

Thank you for those two messages.
The HP 2540 is in my other place and it will be some weeks before I can try it again. I can't remember all I did, but so far as I can:

This printer, fairly new, comes with a disk. I don't know whether this contains something necessary for best operation, or instructions, or just publicity :confused: - I could never access it because I didn't have with me a device that takes disks, only the iPad and a netbook with no disk slot. Somebody told me I don't need the disk. But I think somewhere else I was told to properly install the printer I should either use the disk or go to the HP site and download something. Ah yes, now I remember. On the netbook, you know in Windows you go to Control Panel then Printers &c., there is an icon for every printer you have (and have ever had) and an option for adding a new one. This involves I think a disk or downloading from manufacturer. To do that there is a list of manufacturers, I choose HP and find a 3 or 4 page list of HP printer models. Every one! EXCEPT the 2540! I went there several times and did not find it. To check I was not dreaming I have just been there again and it is not there. Which seems to me odd. :confused: Any comments?
So to print anything that was in my netbook I had to cumbersomely send it to drop box and from there cumbersomely, as previously explained, print it with my iPad. But maybe thanks to your link and having understood an extra thing or two in my fashion I can do better when next there. :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Connect the printer to the netbook down load the driver.
If it does not show try going to another site like HP Britain or USA see if the printer is listed. That may solve your issues

OP
evennewerbie

evennewerbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx I didn't realise HP would have more than one relevant site, I'll try.
Sorry for turning an iPad forum into an HP forum :oops:, one thing leads to another. :D

OP
evennewerbie

evennewerbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coming back to the P1102 I thought I had solved it, but I haven't. I did print some stuff from my i-pad today I think, but can't now. I can print from my computer but the iPad no longer finds the printer. Via the computer I connect the HP. Printer blue light comes on. Then as long as on the I pad settings I put HP it, well mostly, sees the printer. But it doesn't print and sometimes tells me there is no printer. I 'renewed lease' 2 or 3 times, nothing seemed to even half work before that. What is renew lease about?

About 3/4 h ago I saw a new message about the P1102 signalled in a corner of my screen. It was a page of explanation from some kind person, who said it was not easy, and which I got on screen but ... Couldn't print! :(
I tried to follow it up and was invited to Join the Apple Community.
:confused: Is that something else, different from here?
Anyway I go lost, so I hope his person will contact me again, I'm going crazy and losing a lot of time.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This printer is not as easy as I would like but here is a link to utube that may help
HP LaserJet Professional 1102w | How to | Set up Wireless Printing | Print from iPad, iPhone touch

Renew lease justs refreshes the connection on your modem

I have no idea how the apple community got involved that is a mystery We are a private forum with some 320000 members and not directly affiliated with apple.

It may be if you are not getting anywhere email your self the pages you need printed and then send from your PC. If you have 8.1 installed it could be a known bug causing it. I assume yu have turned off the modem then on again.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts