What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing from an iPad air

SusieMC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new printer that is able to air print but every time it try to print from my iPad Air nothing happens. Do I need to
to create a link. The iPad is recognizing my printer and I have set up the pages I want to print but no luck so far. Can
anybody please help?

Thanks
SusieMC

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new printer that is able to air print but every time it try to print from my iPad Air nothing happens. Do I need to
to create a link. The iPad is recognizing my printer and I have set up the pages I want to print but no luck so far. Can
anybody please help?

Thanks
SusieMC

Hello Susie and welcome to the forum. This advice from Apple may help you.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356
Regards,
Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You might try updating the firmware on the printer to the latest version. This has been known to work. Instructions on how to do this should be in the manual supplied with the printer.

Reaction score
anybody please help?

Thanks
SusieMC
I can't figure out out to post a new thread but would like to know if I can connect my iPad Air 2 via sub to my hp1102w printer. Tried wifi but forget it. Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't figure out out to post a new thread but would like to know if I can connect my iPad Air 2 via sub to my hp1102w printer. Tried wifi but forget it. Thanks.

Hello - please tell us how your printer is connecting to your regular computer (i.e. cabled or wireless)?

Also check these two HP sites - HP Drivers and HP AirPrint FAQs.

And no need to create a new thread if you are addressing the same printer issue. Let us know if the links help - Dave :)

OOPS - just saw that Glenn came in on Susie's thread - so a new thread would have been appropriate - hope that she returns - :oops:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have been connecting via u s b to hp laptop. Worked fine. forget wifi. Can I use double female u s b for direct hookup and how about software. Thanks
Glenn Gainesville fl

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have been connecting via u s b to hp laptop. Worked fine. forget wifi. Can I use double female u s b for direct hookup and how about software. Thanks.......

Hi Glenn - your cannot cable your iPad to your printer, sorry. You will have to 'figure out' how to print wirelessly from your device to the printer; of course, you could always send your iPad's print jobs via email to your laptop and print from there. Please check out the links in my last post and look at some of the comments on your printer on the Amazon website - most seem to be printing via Wi-Fi. Dave :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Glenn - your cannot cable your iPad to your printer, sorry. You will have to 'figure out' how to print wirelessly from your device to the printer; of course, you could always sent your iPad's print jobs via email to your laptop and print from there. Please check out the links in my last post and look at some of the comments on your printer on the Amazon website - most seem to be printing via Wi-Fi. Dave :)
Damn. I have looked at threads having same frustration as I am having with printing from air 2 to hp1102w printer. Wonder if other printers are available that will be easier to set up using wifi? The hp 1102 is definitely not easy.
Thanks
Glenn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Damn. I have looked at threads having same frustration as I am having with printing from air 2 to hp1102w printer. Wonder if other printers are available that will be easier to set up using wifi? The hp 1102 is definitely not easy.

Hi again Glenn - what is the 'vintage' of your printer? I found a review HERE from 2010 which might be an issue, i.e. more current printers are just better at being setup wirelessly and communicating w/ these mobile devices. When I switched from PCs to Macs in spring 2013, I bought a new Canon InkJet w/ built-in AirPrint technology - worked out well. However, I had an older Brother laser printer which had built-in wireless technology (not AirPrint, though) and I could not get that machine to work w/ my home network - frustrating! So just saying that the HP may be showing its age?

As a solution since I wanted a laser printer (my wife loves printing out everything and the color cartridge costs are a ridiculous rip-off IMHO!), I bought a new Brother laser last year (the one shown below) - the Wi-Fi was easy to setup and the machine has built-in AirPrint - Goodwill got the old printer! Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 5.53.47 PM.png

Reaction score
Hi again Glenn - what is the 'vintage' of your printer? I found a review HERE from 2010 which might be an issue, i.e. more current printers are just better at being setup wirelessly and communicating w/ these mobile devices. When I switched from PCs to Macs in spring 2013, I bought a new Canon InkJet w/ built-in AirPrint technology - worked out well. However, I had an older Brother laser printer which had built-in wireless technology (not AirPrint, though) and I could not get that machine to work w/ my home network - frustrating! So just saying that the HP may be showing its age?

As a solution since I wanted a laser printer (my wife loves printing out everything and the color cartridge costs are a ridiculous rip-off IMHO!), I bought a new Brother laser last year (the one shown below) - the Wi-Fi was easy to setup and the machine has built-in AirPrint - Goodwill got the old printer! Dave :)
View attachment 65611
Thanks for all the info. My hp 1102 is about five years old. Worked fine hard wired but too funky on wifi. I will look for a current model that is
"mo better" for wifi. Best to you

Most reactions

Latest posts