What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing App for iPad 2 & iPhone 4S

WonderPam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done some research on printing apps and find that eurosmartz Is seemingly the best. My problem is I can't decide which version to get, Print n Share or Print Central. They're both $8.99 which makes it more difficult for an indecisive person like me. I'm hoping you guys can help. Do any of you have experience with either of these apps? Basically, what I would use them for is to print web pages, emails, documents & maybe pictures. Any opinions or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Pam

locoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Printing

Hi
I bought PrintCentral Pro to print to my WiFi Dell V305 printer. It wouldn't work. So I installed WePrint software on my Gateway desktop computer which could print to the WiFi Dell V305. Also I have a Dell laser jet and HP large format inkjet pluged into my desktop computer via USB cables.

After installing WePrint, my iPad 2 found all of my printers and prints to which ever printer I sellect via my desk top computer. It seems to be using my desktop computer as a printer server. I think it could also find the WiFi printers thru my Dell notebook computers too.

Per EuroSmartz's software comparason chart, the only difference I see between CentralPrint Pro and Print-n-Share Pro is that Print-n-Share will allow "Multi-User accounts for shared iPads/iPhones.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm assuming that you don't want to use AirPrint for some reason? Then you wouldn't need an app at all.

Tim

locoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim
None of my printers are AirPrint comparable and I did not need to buy a fourth printer, so I tried the centerprint software and I am able to print to all of my current printers, one via wifi and the other two via. My desk top computer to which they are usb connected.
Jim

Last edited:
OP
WonderPam

WonderPam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Jim! I have both an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4S and I'm a little confused about the multi-user function on eurosmartz print n share app. While I would obviously want the capability to print from both of my devices which are listed with my apple user id, no one else in my home has apple products in which to print from. Common sense suggests that multi-users would be with more than one apple id, but I don't want to be mislead and not have the option to print from both of my apple devices. Tim, I have a wireless HP Photosmart Plus B209a printer that I cannot get to print using Air Print. I have received contradicting information on the subject. A customer service rep from HP stated that it should have Air Print capability, but wanted to charge me for further instructions while the list of Air Print enabled HP printers on their website does not show the B209a, but does show the B210a. This is confusing to me because my printer is fairly new.

locoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Pam
I think the multi user option for print m share is if you and another person (i.e. different user) are going to send material to your printer. For what I can see, they both do almost the same things, but they also each have some unique features. Also, it appears that Print Central is a newer virsion of the two.

I can't help with our Air Print, sine I don't have an Air Print compatable print so I havn't looked into that option at all. Sorry, Hope Tim can help you there.

Just saw this article you might be interested in.

http://www.macworld.com/article/160312/2011/06/ipad_printing.html

Jim

Last edited:

AceCoolie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI - I've got the Print n Share app. My printer is a Samsung CLP-620ND network laser printer. If I print directly from the iPad to the printer, it's black and white only with no duplexing or access to the advanced printer features but it does work. If I print to the webserver software running on my Win7 box, I can print in color but the quality isn't very good. The prints look like they are low res photos of the text with lots of jaggies etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts