What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printer Problem - Please help!

WonderPam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am beyond frustrated at this point & hoping that someone on this forum can help me. I have an HP Photosmart B209a. I called HP for support, but the rep told me that he could not help unless I paid him to do so since I didn't purchase an extended warranty. He did answer a brief question for me verifying that my printer should be able to use Air Print and therefore print directly from my iPad. My iPad constantly tells me that there is no printer found. I've researched and tried everything that I've read, but nothing works. My printer is on the same Wi-Fi network as my iPad 2. I have gone further and plugged the usb cable from the printer into my laptop. I don't really know what exactly my point was in doing that, but it didn't work anyway. Can someone please help?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately it appears that the HP CSR was misinformed. The HP B209a is not one of the printers that can use Apple's AirPrint feature. Here is a list of the printers that work with AirPrint (as of 3 days ago):

iOS: AirPrint 101

As you can see, the number of printers is small at the moment, but as time goes on the list will grow.

That said there are apps that will allow you to send print jobs from your iPad to a networked printer.

I've been using PrintBureau for about a year now and it works flawlessly. It's a bit pricey at $14.99, but it "just works".

PrintBureau for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Others may have suggestions about other WiFi printer apps for you iPad.

That's probably not what you wanted to hear, but at least you can stop worrying about having not done something right. :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My hp printer came with a cd that included setup to a network. Do you have the cd for your printer? The manual for your printer includes instructions for setting up the wireless printing several ways, including bluetooth. If you don't have the manual, it's here.

Manuals for HP Photosmart Plus All-in-One Printer - B209a - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
The manual is handy, but the OP still can't print directly to her HP printer from her iPad. She'll need an app like PrintBureau or PrintCentral, etc..

Most reactions

Latest posts