What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print boarding pass

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to print out a boarding pass for US Airway. It got through all of the info OK until it pulled up a window that showed "retrieving boarding pass". It never got past that. I know that flash doesn't work on iPad but I don't know if that is the problem or not. Is there some app etc that I should be using? I have my computer and iPad set up so I can use WePrint and that part worked fine on previous document.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An interesting post. I've not used my iPad for printing boarding passes yet! Does your airline allow the retrieval of the boarding pass in PDF format; I know some airlines do, so that you can save it in case you have to print a duplicate at a later stage. It might then print from a PDF app.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Tim
Scotland

OP
L

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about other airlines but the US airway only allows download to outlook (which I don't have) or to email to someone which only sends the info re flight and you still have to go through the retrieving passes. I sent a help email to airlines and of course it will be 5-7 days before an answer. I have my computer with me so was able to do it with that but I want to figure out how to do some of these things so I don't have to take computer with me. I will post if I get more info and assume you will do same. Thanks for the help.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am not trying to be funny, but..... Can you just turn you iPad over and show the boarding pass to the flight attendant? Or do they actually need a piece of paper?

I would think that as we move forward in the digital age our devices will start talking to each other and we will start woundering why we cut trees down anymore.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They need to scan it....in the UK some airlines are able to 'scan' boarding passes on cellular phones - can this be done here?

Tim
Scotland

OP
L

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The boarding pass that I was trying to get was for my daughter who was visiting us. It just saves time and she wouldn't have to go to the check in counter. It is no "big deal" but I am just the type of person who when faced with a challenge wants to find out some way to solve it. Have just had iPad for 3 months so I am having a lot of things to figure out--with all of your help of course

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The boarding pass that I was trying to get was for my daughter who was visiting us. It just saves time and she wouldn't have to go to the check in counter. It is no "big deal" but I am just the type of person who when faced with a challenge wants to find out some way to solve it. Have just had iPad for 3 months so I am having a lot of things to figure out--with all of your help of course

She doesn't need to go to the Check-In counter; she can print her boarding pass at one of the many Self-Service machines that are in the airport just before check-in. Then she can go to Fast Bag drop, if she has bags to check.

Tim
Scotland

T

TJK

On a recent United flight from Honolulu to Allentown PA (via SFO and ORD) my wife and I were able to download and use our iPhones as boarding passes that were scanned at security and gates - no issues. Would have worked on the iPad just as well but the size of the iPad would have been awkward.

OP
L

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there may have been a misinterpretation of my original post. I can print things with my iPad but I can't download the boarding pass to get to the printing of it. I also know that you can print your boarding pass at airport. I do not have an iPhone so those answers do not apply to me. I merely want to figure out if there is some way to get the passes downloaded. Waiting for reply from airline.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - just a thought. The problem seems to lie with Safari's 'refusal' to download the original file. Do you have GoodReader, the iPad's 'Swiss Army Knife'? That will allow you to download any file from a website - if you have it, give it a try. It also has 101 other features and is regularly voted Number 1 'must have' app by Forum members. It's $4.99 I seem to recall.

Read the reviews at the App Store - you'll be impressed

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts