What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presentaton apps

paul kemble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, i am new on this forum. I wonder if someone could help me. I am a chauffeur and i want to put together a collection of photos and info on the places where i can take people but i need an app where i can assemble this info which would be sort of "foolproof" to the average user in the way that they coudn't exit the app by them selves. It would have to be set up so that from a main page they could navigate to various pages and areas and then come back to the main page with ease. I am asking this because it's hard to see what an app does until you buy it. Thanks for the moment. Paul

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you think of presentation apps for the iPad your initial thought is something along the lines of PowerPoint - the iPad equivalent is Keynote - but that wouldn't really do what you want because you're looking for embedded hyperlinks that would take you from page to page and then back to the main page.

The only, easy, way that I can see to do that would be to set up a dedicated web site and to use the iPad's native Safari browser on a 3G iPad to navigate around that site. That would, of course, certainly give you the capability of navigating from page to page and you could, obviously, have a menu bar that would have tabs that could return you to the Home page.

Clearly the downsides of this suggestion are the need to establish the website in the first place - cost, time and maintenance - and the need to have a 3G iPad - expense of providing data service and possibility you might be out of range of a cell tower.

The iPad's native Safari web browser does not support off-line web page access; I believe there are iPad web browser apps that do but I don't know much about them or how you would go about setting up the sort of presentation using them that you're interested in. I'm hoping that some other Members, who have discussed this in the past, might be able to help or suggest another app.

Tim

Most reactions