What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-configuring iPads

cjbechillin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am investgating something for the company I work for. The task I have been given is to preload an iPad with pdf and .mp4 movies that we have created. We would then send these out the sales people and/or customers.

My problem is that whenever one of these iPad's is hooked up it wants to erased it. We own all of the items I am preloaded and we created them. There is not copywrite or intellectual property infringment. Is there a way for this to be done or am I S.O.L.

Best,
Chris

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you expand on "whenever one of these iPad's is hooked up it wants to erased it"?

Are you plugging the iPad into the same computer you used to preload it, or another computer?

If it's the same computer, that's odd. But if it's a different computer, then it makes sense since it's trying to do a new sync (which means erasing everything and starting over).

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know, you can sync as many different devices to the same library so in theory, each one should be identical and there is apparently something else going on if it wants to erase the contents when it is hooked up. Unfortunately, I can not tell you what that "something else" is with the information you presented. Sorry.

Most reactions