What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power point

drPr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to create and show Power Points using iPad. Google Docs doesnt appear to allow ppt creation or editing with the iPad. Is keynote my only hope?

Drpr

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Keynote for creating and editing existing PowerPoint presentations. You have to be aware (as I'm sure you are) that it's a stripped down version of the Mac iWork counterpart. But it's pretty good for basic presentations. If you import a presentation from PowerPoint that's very complex then it can struggle (a polite way of saying that it doesn't render the presentation correctly) but any presentation originated in Keynote will render perfectly in PowerPoint.

You're probably aware of the Apple Keynote help pages; they give something of the flavour of its capabilities but, just in case......

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

Tim
Scotland

OP
D

drPr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Does this mean Keynote is the only option, or do you feel it's the best one?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
QuickOffice is another program that many Forum members use, but I'm not familiar with it. You can see some details here. One disadvantage is that you're buying the entire Office suite - which might not be what you want.

PowerPoint editing now on iPad!

Tim
Scotland

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
I'll be sure to keep my eye on this thread as one of my main uses is MS Office apps. I am using QuickOffice and so far it is OK...not perfect, but gets the job done. I have been able to download Word, Excel, and Power Point docs from my email and open/save in QuickOffice. Maybe cause I am still new at this, but find some formats difficult to edit on Word.

The Power Point is a "read only" version, but if you are use to packing presentations, then that should not be an issue. I can see the thumbnails on the left of the screen and the presentation on the right and also close down the thumbnail view. Haven't played with the timing yet, but the graphics are wonderful and sure if I hooked up to an LED projector, the show would work well.

OP
D

drPr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought KeyNote and it is all right for what I need (so far). Thanks for the suggestions.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought KeyNote and it is all right for what I need (so far). Thanks for the suggestions.

I hope it works out OK. If you have any 'issues' post them here and I'm sure they'll be someone who knows a solution or, at least, a workaround.

Tim
Scotland

Rt03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is keynote also the only option to make notes on PowerPoint presentations. Im a student and I love using my iPad2 to red and make notes on PDF's and also just taking notes. But I'm still stuck with taking in my MacBook to follow powerpoints in class.

Any ideas or thoughts anyone?

expatK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim:confused::confused:, (or anyone else) as you say Keynote renders perfectly in pp perhaps you can help me. I downloaded a keynote presentation (mine) from icloud as a pp file but while it appears on my pc as a pp file it will not open as a slideshow, so no transitions or effects. I found information that told me to export (via open key file, export to pp) but as pp does not work on ipad and keynote is incompatible with PC I am struggling to work out HOW!? i would be grateful for any advice as to how to do this. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts