What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting on my Facebook page but using my personal timeline

Amandadesigned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bear with me I am not completely sure how to ask the question
I have a Facebook account and a business page which was working fine I could swap between the two no problems.

My iPad crashed a few nights back and now when I post on my page it uses my personal time line. I changes my photos
so I could see who I was posting as. As it took me a while to work out why the posts weren't there.

On the computer there is the blue bar which identifies who is posting I know it is posting under the wrong persona as the photo is the one on my personal time line.

This is via the app and through safari so far I have:
Rebooted
Loged out both options of Facebook
Logged out and turned everything completely off
Used my main computer a mac- which worked ok. logged out of iPad and computer turned everything on still not working
Reloaded app
Any suggestions please try and keep them simply worded as I really don't understand a lot of the technical side of things I know how to use them -sometimes except when it goes pear shaped!
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not going to be of much help, given that I've never been able to switch identities (I manage a page for my church). The only thing I can do is to not use the app - I log in to Facebook within Safari. Using the web version, not the app, makes it so you can tap the line at the top to switch between the page and your personal timeline.

So, maybe this'll work for you...?

Marilyn

OP
A

Amandadesigned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, I should have said I can't upload photos via safari on my iPad, I am not sure what one it is but it's an earlier one, no
Camara built in. That's why I was using the app.

OP
A

Amandadesigned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update on my posting prob on Facebook app

Very breif overview
Posting on my page but it was using my personal timeline- using app as I have older iPad and safari will not allow me to
post photos. But I can via app all going tickityboo until pad crashed a week ago and this is where I am

I got this info, checked it all out and I have the right boxes clicked

From a web browser, navigate to the Facebook page for which you’re the admin.
2. Click on “Edit Page†in the top right-hand corner.
3. Click on “Your Settings†at the top of the menu on the left-hand side of the page.
4. Check the box next to “Posting Preferences†and click “Save Changesâ€

The problem is very recent and only on the facebook app for my iPad,

Really frustrating, any ideas all gratefully receive

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I've got no idea. And, I've never been able to change within the app - only with Safari (granted, I've only been needing to switch for the past month or so). So, I'm no help.

Hopefully, someone else will come along who can help. Sorry it's not me...

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you, I should have said I can't upload photos via safari on my iPad, I am not sure what one it is but it's an earlier one, no
Camara built in. That's why I was using the app.

No camera means an iPad 1. It can only run iOS 5.1.1, and you need iOS 6 to upload photos using Safari. Just to solve that mystery.

If your business Facebook is a Page (as opposed to a personal account) they there is a FaceBook Pages Manager app. You could use that one to manage the business site and the standard Facebook app for you own, eliminating the need to switch.

If they are both personal accounts, but you use one for business, then all I can suggest are the usual fixes, listed below. You can also try deleting and re-downloading the Facebook app.

----------------------------
The usual fixes:

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions

Latest posts