What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I killed my iPad

buckeyewildcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. Bought a used iPad 64g from a co-worker. Hooked it up to my computer (which already had iTunes installed), and tried to sync the two. It went downhill from there. I am not an apple-savvy person, and got a message that I had to restore the iPad, which I clicked okay on, and now I have no functioning on the iPad. I just see the apple logo in the middle of the screen with a thin bar below it, and nothing happens when I try to turn it on or when I connect to my computer. It just does nothing. Is there any hope for restoring my iPad? Please help! :confused: Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
How long did you wait before giving up? Did you attempt to restore while plugged in? What version of iTunes do you have? It needs at least 10.1 to see your iPad.
Try holding the power button and home screen at the same time for about 15-30 seconds and see if maybe it's just frozen but if you had it plugged in and unplugged it during the reset you may have a big paperweight that only Apple can fix now
I did a total restore on my first one when the screen broke and it took about 5 minutes of the Apple logo and thin line below. As the restoration progresses the line will go from hollow to solid across the screen. At that point a picture of a USB plug should show up

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts