What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post drawings made on your ipad

H

hazi1610

SweetPoison said:
Wow! That is beautiful!

Thank you. I haven't used the app since then, I really must do another one only in more detail. I do drawings on paper and thought the app would be good to practice.

From Alison, Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

jamie.long951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ICAN - that is brilliant!!!

How did you do this? I'm new to the iPad... I'm guessing you have a thin stylus pen?

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jamie.long951 said:

How did you do this? I'm new to the iPad... I'm guessing you have a thin stylus pen?

Thank you

For that one I just used my finger. Was at my gransnhouse and didn't have a stylus with me....but I do have one.

I used sketchbookx ... It's really easy to get used to and the one I used is free.

I'm also new to iPad, have only had it just over a week and I'm loving it....discovering more everyday.

If you like handwriting and have a stylus (or u can even use finger as it has a zoom feature) the. Note taker is a great app also.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Elton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.indiegogo.com

Hi Jamie, I am new to the forum but I have played with more than 30+ styluses, so I can help you with that question.

On the screen of iPhones and iPad 1 & 2, the input detection are done by hardware. Any conductive matter that touched the screen will be recorded and checked if the diameter is larger than 5/5.5mm. Anything smaller will be ignored and anything larger the screen will sent a XY coordinate to the drawing app. So thin or fat, the size of the stylus won't affect the accuracy and the thickness of the drawn line. What you need to bare in mind is NOT all styluses are equally made. A large portion of them is only designed for point & tap action but not good for stroke, which is essential for sketching and writing. You will see a lot of broken line if you use "those" to draw.

Elton

Elton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.indiegogo.com
Thank you

For that one I just used my finger. Was at my gransnhouse and didn't have a stylus with me....but I do have one.

I used sketchbookx ... It's really easy to get used to and the one I used is free.

I'm also new to iPad, have only had it just over a week and I'm loving it....discovering more everyday.

If you like handwriting and have a stylus (or u can even use finger as it has a zoom feature) the. Note taker is a great app also.

May I know which stylus you have??

Elton

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Elton said:
May I know which stylus you have??

Elton

Hi ....

I have the griffon stylus. I got it on amazon.

:)

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a painting done with ArtRage on the iPad.
331231935_722160_original.jpg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Saphire, your drawing/painting is lovely. I have art rage, haven't had the time to really get into it. But if it can do that, im happy.

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used a Boxwave for the rabbit. I now have the nomad brush which is brilliant for drawing and painting it glides on the screen. I am just going to order another one but with short bristles.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
saphire said:
I used a Boxwave for the rabbit. I now have the nomad brush which is brilliant for drawing and painting it glides on the screen. I am just going to order another one but with short bristles.

If you press on the link below it will take you to my ArtRage gallery.

Just had a look at your gallery, my you're very good. Thank you.

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you Leelai, since I got my iPad it has helped me come to terms with losing my eyesight, I can now read again with the help of text to speech and i have taken up painting again. The iPad is a wonderful tool for people like myself the special built computers are astronomical in price 3 times more then the iPad and they are not portable.

Most reactions