What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portal temporarily disabled

Reaction score
I am having problems logging onto my internet banking web page which I have used lots of times in the past via my ipad2 - the page opens ok but when I click the log on button is says 'this portal is temporarily disabled'. I know it is not the website as I can access it from my iPhone and my husband's iPod touch. Another site I log into - which is on my home screen - is also playing up. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
julieandmichaelandhumphri said:
I am having problems logging onto my internet banking web page which I have used lots of times in the past via my ipad2 - the page opens ok but when I click the log on button is says 'this portal is temporarily disabled'. I know it is not the website as I can access it from my iPhone and my husband's iPod touch. Another site I log into - which is on my home screen - is also playing up. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Welcome to the forum Julie there are lots of very helpful people here.

What version of iOS are you running? When was the last time you cleared out your Data and Cookies in Setting >Safari? When was the last time you restarted your iPad 2? What is the other site giving you trouble?

I think the first thing I would try is to delete the banking app and then reload it. You will probably have to enter your bank card number again but see if that clears up the problem. Let us know.

Last edited:
OP
J
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
Welcome to the forum Julie there are lots of very helpful people here.

What version of iOS are you running? When was the last time you cleared out your Data and Cookies in Setting >Safari? When was the last time you restarted your iPad 2? What is the other site giving you trouble?

I think the first thing I would try is to delete the banking app and then reload it. You will probably have to enter your bank card number again but see if that clears up the problem. Let us know.

Thanks for the welcome! I am running the most current version of iOS and I had tried switching off the iPad and re-staring it. I have just cleared out the data and cookies and tried it again but no joy. I don't have the banking site as an App - I just search for it using safari and access it that way. However, the other site I am having problems with is my microsoft outlook work email exchange which isn't an app, just a bookmark saved to my home screen. I have deleted it, the re-saved it and tried it again but still having the same problem. It is so frustrating as I can access them via my iPhone so I know it is not a website problem. I'm at a loss!

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I am running the most current version of iOS and I had tried switching off the iPad and re-staring it. I have just cleared out the data and cookies and tried it again but no joy. I don't have the banking site as an App - I just search for it using safari and access it that way. However, the other site I am having problems with is my microsoft outlook work email exchange which isn't an app, just a bookmark saved to my home screen. I have deleted it, the re-saved it and tried it again but still having the same problem. It is so frustrating as I can access them via my iPhone so I know it is not a website problem. I'm at a loss!

I have just tried turning cookies onto the 'always' setting and that has worked - woo hoo!!

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just tried turning cookies onto the 'always' setting and that has worked - woo hoo!!

There you go, the bank was looking for their cookie before opening the portal. Glad you figured it out. Most banks have a free iPad app which might be easier for you to use.

Most reactions

Latest posts