What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POP Mail with filing system

irvineaggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a mail app that offers filing for POP-based mail? I have no access to Exchange.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The built in mail app should handle pop as well as exchange.
I currently have an Exchange account, an IMAP account and a hotmail (pop) account setup. The only bad part is the hotmail account doesnt sync what I have deleted so I have to delete them in the web interface even if I delete it on the iPad. This is a limitation on Hotmail's end though. I dont know of any app that can get around it.

OP
I

irvineaggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The provided app handles pop accounts, but I cannot file e-mails. Everything must stay in the in-box or be deleted. So if I have an e-mail that I want to keep there's no way to file and find it later

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh I see. Dont know of anything off-hand, but it very well may be out there.

If your service allows you to use IMAP instead of POP, you can have folders. My personal mail is with fastmail.fm they have free IMAP accounts I think, or you can pay for expanded storage. You can setup server side filing rules, alias address and all kind of cool stuff.

flashman181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same question. I use POP account but want to be able to set up folders like yo uwould in Outlook or on a PDA

Most reactions

Latest posts