What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pogo, Stylis or Whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Havent tired it and it looks odd, I don't like the idea of having this type of tip.

It's always amazed the living crap out of me that people are like your line states. Ommmmggg. Let's dissect your line. "Havent tired it".

Hmmm....so then, not having tried it, how in the name of Christopher Columbus and his four nuclear subs, do you know that..."I don't like the idea of having this type of tip."

Dude!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of your favorite fire hydrant, be realistic. Wouldn't you (and the rest of the world) be far wiser, if they tried something first, before saying you don’t like it? You're going to cream your jeans after trying it. Wait and see. That is ONLY true however, if you read the instructions FIRST. If you don’t, then you just bought another pogo. Instructions are critical

Dear Stylus-R-Us employee (or somehow linked to them), do you realize I was talking about the OStylus in that post?

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Havent tired it and it looks odd, I don't like the idea of having this type of tip.

It's always amazed the living crap out of me that people are like your line states. Ommmmggg. Let's dissect your line. "Havent tired it".

Hmmm....so then, not having tried it, how in the name of Christopher Columbus and his four nuclear subs, do you know that..."I don't like the idea of having this type of tip."

Dude!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of your favorite fire hydrant, be realistic. Wouldn't you (and the rest of the world) be far wiser, if they tried something first, before saying you don’t like it? You're going to cream your jeans after trying it. Wait and see. That is ONLY true however, if you read the instructions FIRST. If you don’t, then you just bought another pogo. Instructions are critical

Dear Stylus-R-Us employee (or somehow linked to them), do you realize I was talking about the OStylus in that post?

I realize you weren't talking of their tip now, yes. Sorry. My first mistake in life. You, however, made one too by suggesting I work for that company. Not that I wouldn't love to. Hey Jack Bauer, if you ever read this, write me. I'd love to work for you. I might as well be anyway, as these people are accusing me of it. I think your stuff is the best. Your stylus are great too. ;-) They'll all see though when they get them. Unless they don't follow the instructors like you, Mr Bauer, stress on your instructions.

Regarding that ostylus thing, I've never tried one, but I read a post somewhere and they said they aren't anygood. Sorry again Stexf.

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first got my iPhone, I had a tough time with what seemed like small touchy things, so I ordered a couple Pogos. In the meantime there were people on the iPhone forum that said you didn't really need them. Within a couple weeks I did NOT need them (and so they sit unused).

I have now considered them for very precise manipulations of text, etc. on the iPad. But I don't yet have any protective cover on my screen and I am concerned that the hard foam of the Pogo will scratch the screen like Scotch-Brite! What is the Targus's tip made of? I looked at iGear by the way and what I see for 6.99 doesn't say Targus on it (that I can see). How else can I identify the Targus devices?

Hi Tom. FYI Stylus-R-Us styluses do not scratch the screen and require zero pressure to activate anything touched.

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't post very often but I have been a member and lurking since I purchased my ipad in May.

I have been on a perpetual quest since getting my ipad to find a stylus that works with handwriting recognition applications like WritePad. I need a stylus that glides like a pen and allows me to take notes on an ipad that has a screen protector.

I have ordered a stylus from Stylus-R-Us and I'm looking forward to testing it. I have no connection to the company, in fact I am the project manager for a law firm in the midwest and will give my honest assessment after I receive it and have used it. Accusing people of being a shill for a company just because they endorse a product seems a little childish to me, thus, my disclaimer.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I don't post very often but I have been a member and lurking since I purchased my ipad in May.

I have been on a perpetual quest since getting my ipad to find a stylus that works with handwriting recognition applications like WritePad. I need a stylus that glides like a pen and allows me to take notes on an ipad that has a screen protector.

I have ordered a stylus from Stylus-R-Us and I'm looking forward to testing it. I have no connection to the company, in fact I am the project manager for a law firm in the midwest and will give my honest assessment after I receive it and have used it. Accusing people of being a shill for a company just because they endorse a product seems a little childish to me, thus, my disclaimer.
haggisgirl, please publish the results of your test when y ou are able to do so!
Thanks,

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why are the Stylus-R-Us styluses not sold in any store?

That was a good question Stefx and one I sent an email to Stylus-R-Us to ask. One of the I guess, employees there replied, because the CEO himself invented this stylus tip, patented it, and has 100% of its sales worldwide. She then asked me in the email, what I would want, if I invented it? Just some of the sales, or 100% of the sales by selling it exclusively. I then shot right back to her, yeah, but if you had them in stores around the world, you'd sell more and make more. She then quickly returned fire by saying, yes but the quality control wouldn’t be in their hands any longer, or the great customer service they have, and that no one else cares about your business to run it like it should be run, like the owner/operator. And that they wanted to make sure all customers were happy and satisfied with their products. All her points made sense but I agree with you, it would still be easier for us if we could get them locally. Anyway, I have four now and they all work like a charm and I could not be happier with them.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got my stylus-R-us yesterday

I started playing with the S-R-U stylus lastnight and it really takes some getting used to. I found that it does take some light pressure. From all the instruction materials I got the impression that if one little fiber string from the tip glanced the iPad things would start happening. That is not the case. There did, for me, need to be a slight pressure. Nowhere near the pressure that is needed from my Targus.

Since I was downloading and playing with IOS 4.2 I didn't play much with the S-R-S and will more in the days ahead and will update my experience with you all.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I started playing with the S-R-U stylus lastnight and it really takes some getting used to. I found that it does take some light pressure. From all the instruction materials I got the impression that if one little fiber string from the tip glanced the iPad things would start happening. That is not the case. There did, for me, need to be a slight pressure. Nowhere near the pressure that is needed from my Targus.

Since I was downloading and playing with IOS 4.2 I didn't play much with the S-R-S and will more in the days ahead and will update my experience with you all.

Thanks for the info. It will be good to hear more of your thoughts on this. First impressions, do you prefer it over the Targus?

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First impressions.... I like the Targus better, because I am used to it. When I was able to get the S-R-U to work I liked it as much. Seems like there is going to be a substantial learning curve with S-R-U, whereas with the Targus I just pound away and it works. As I experiment more I'll let you know.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some users on other forums have posted that the s-r-u stylus is less forgiving, requiring precise and specific pressure/angles. Can you comment on that, sherluckholmes?

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had too much to do getting ready for Turkey Day. But will give undivided :D attention to S-R-U during the football games on Thursday.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, I got an email today from S-R-U with more information. Using the hook side of velcro to fluff out the fibers on the tip. I did this tonight and am playing with my S-R-U stylus. The difference between the first attempt & tonight was very different. The S-R-U stylus is working very nicely tonight. It, indeed, needs only to brush the surface of the iPad & there is an immediate response.

Do I like it better than my Targus? Need more time to tell.

The Targus definately feels like I am hitting the iPad with a hammer in comparison. But I am still learning. At this point for typing I like hammering better & can go faster. That maybe because I am used to doing this & going faster tends to support hammering. But for surfing the web... The S-R-U stylus is interesting & I will continue using it for now, because now it has become a challenge to get comfortable using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts