What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pogo, Stylis or Whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Mattim's feedback once he gets his stylus. Mattim, my comments weren't aimed at you at all.

Out of curiosity, I did a bit of searching on the web.
On lots of iPhone/iPad forum web sites, a similar (often identical) post is found, posted by brand new members. Often named Becky Pink&Soft, sometimes other female names (Becky, Tracy, Debbra, Cindy, etc) .
This is not a customer/user trying to share news about a good product, this is evidently part of a marketing strategy.

This user's only input on those forums is her marketing post about the stylus, I haven't found her involved in any other discussion on any of those forums.

Here are a few examples, I stopped after about a dozen but there were more:

Wow! What A Stylus
No more fingers on screens ever - iPod touch Fans forum - iPod, iPhone and iPad
Wow! What An iPhone Stylus - iLounge Forums
Wow! No More Having To Use Our Fingers! - Hackint0sh
Wow! What A Stylus! - iPad Forums
Wow! What A Stylus!
Very Hot (like me) Stylus
http://www.forumlogr.com/thread/anVn3KdcNEcw/Wow!-No-More-Having-To-Use-Our-Fingers!.html
Wow! What A Stylus | ~ ReviewMyGadgets ~ | iPhone Support, iPhone Troubleshooting, iTouch Support, iTouch Troubleshooting, iPhone Downloads,Webmaster Tips,Webmaster Downloads,Mobile Tips,Mobile Downloads
No More Dirty iPhone iPad Screens EVER! | Everything About iPhone
No More Dirty Screens On iTouch, iPhone or iPad
Can't Live Without Them - iPhone Forum
No More Dirty iPhone iPad Screens EVER!

Similar strategy used by MrEntrepreneur24. Basically they find any site mentioning stylus, pogo or targus and post their marketing pitch on them. Very effective and low cost marketing strategy, adapted to today's communication networks via the internet.
I don't mind the idea, but the person posting should make it explicit that he/she is linked somehow to the company selling the product.

Here's a real opinion that I would put more faith in. Product looks promising:

Best Stylus Review (Large Pics Warning) - MacRumors Forums

I take pride in seeing you didn't get a link off the iphone4forum.... Yes, I deleted it as SPAM!!

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find the vernacular between JackBauer & Cindy to be very similar and if this was just marketing posts then I would give you more credit if you guys came out and admitted this and were more upfront because then we could all just focus on the product at hand.
Anyway, I digress, my only interest in this thread is for a product that I would be happy to purchase and use which brings me to another point. We don't you just offer up a couple of free styluses to a couple of regulars here? I for one would happily write my own thoughts to satisfy the curiosity of others and everyone would know there was no link to your company.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Bought The 9 inch one (sounds like a rock n roll band)

So as soon as it arrives and I have had a chance to use it, I'll let y'all know.

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am the 72 year old (pro bono) teacher, lecturer and writer (over 40 years now ) that started this discussion more than 50 posts ago. I would also gladly provide my observations if the company and its CEO would be willing to part with several samples (sizes & shapes) to experiment with.

As to the veracity of my claims and qualifications. Well, all of us here expect fellow readers of our posts to take us at our word. Isn't that correct Mr Bauer (CEO).

Jer (male counterpart of the jerliz combo)

PS: If the company is working seven days a week to care for orders and satisfy prospective customers it would seem plausible that it could well afford to do just that.

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New Web Site

This thread is filled by a sudden flurry of new members showing a fanboyist-like over-enthusiastic support for this new product which seem beyond the normal reaction of normal consumers faced with a good product.

Nothing personal against the people at Stylus-R-Us, but I will wait to hear for opinions from trusted members that have been on this board for some time. It's not about PayPal knowledge, it's about being a cautious consumer.

My sister wants to order a Roger iWand from that STYLUS-R-Us site so we both went to it again today and guess what? It's all new. They must have read about us complaining of the site and changed it. ;-)

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Havent tired it and it looks odd, I don't like the idea of having this type of tip.

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread is filled by a sudden flurry of new members showing a fanboyist-like over-enthusiastic support for this new product which seem beyond the normal reaction of normal consumers faced with a good product.

Nothing personal against the people at Stylus-R-Us, but I will wait to hear for opinions from trusted members that have been on this board for some time. It's not about PayPal knowledge, it's about being a cautious consumer.

Speak about deals, that stylus-r-us now has a daily special with a 30% discount on whatever the special is that day. My dad just ordered today's special after trying my Roger iWand.

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Havent tired it and it looks odd, I don't like the idea of having this type of tip.

It's always amazed the living crap out of me that people are like your line states. Ommmmggg. Let's dissect your line. "Havent tired it".

Hmmm....so then, not having tried it, how in the name of Christopher Columbus and his four nuclear subs, do you know that..."I don't like the idea of having this type of tip."

Dude!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of your favorite fire hydrant, be realistic. Wouldn't you (and the rest of the world) be far wiser, if they tried something first, before saying you don’t like it? You're going to cream your jeans after trying it. Wait and see. That is ONLY true however, if you read the instructions FIRST. If you don’t, then you just bought another pogo. Instructions are critical

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It's always amazed the living crap out of me that people are like your line states. Ommmmggg. Let's dissect your line. "Havent tired it".

Hmmm....so then, not having tried it, how in the name of Christopher Columbus and his four nuclear subs, do you know that..."I don't like the idea of having this type of tip."

Dude!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of your favorite fire hydrant, be realistic. Wouldn't you (and the rest of the world) be far wiser, if they tried something first, before saying you don’t like it? You're going to cream your jeans after trying it. Wait and see. That is ONLY true however, if you read the instructions FIRST. If you don’t, then you just bought another pogo. Instructions are critical

What's the problem? The OP was referring to the OStylus and states they haven't used it but only said they "don't like the idea of having this type of tip". They are merely stating their thoughts on this type of tip.

Last edited:

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Speak about deals, that stylus-r-us now has a daily special with a 30% discount on whatever the special is that day. My dad just ordered today's special after trying my Roger iWand.

Well, cr*p. I ordered one yesterday and didn't get any kind of discount. As usual, I'm a day late.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
When I first got my iPhone, I had a tough time with what seemed like small touchy things, so I ordered a couple Pogos. In the meantime there were people on the iPhone forum that said you didn't really need them. Within a couple weeks I did NOT need them (and so they sit unused).

I have now considered them for very precise manipulations of text, etc. on the iPad. But I don't yet have any protective cover on my screen and I am concerned that the hard foam of the Pogo will scratch the screen like Scotch-Brite! What is the Targus's tip made of? I looked at iGear by the way and what I see for 6.99 doesn't say Targus on it (that I can see). How else can I identify the Targus devices?

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Targus tip is a soft silicone-like material
The Pogo is somekind of foam. The targus tip is much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts