What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pogo, Stylis or Whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why are the Stylus-R-Us styluses not sold in any store?

I have no idea. If I had to guess, and this is only a guess, no more accurate than yours, I'd say that because their stylus are so much better than every other one made, and if they're the only place selling them, do the math. They must be doing very well. They advertise they have no competition. I can see why. You try their styluses and you'll understand what a gold mind they have even though their web site is kind of off the wall.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nah, their web site looks too goofy/amateur, I'm not gonna provide them with my credit card number

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stefx, you have a point

I think such a website design that stylus-r-us uses works both ways depending on mindset. I didn't like the design because it is not organized by product, i.e., these styli are for iPhone use. These are for iPad. Instead you get pictures of beautiful cars. And it turns out those styli are for iPhones.

Despite that, I went and ordered the nine inch stylus for the iPad. I used my Paypal account to buy it. I can't wait to get it and see how it works versus the Targus Stylus. I have to admit that the Targus is too small for my hand so I don't hold it like a pen or pencil--a little bit longer and it would be perfect.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stylus-r-us

Thanks for the responce, Jack.

Talk about timing. I just bought 10 stylus' off of Ebay for $9.00, then came to this forum and see this.

I went to the Stylus-r-us website and to check them out. I found nothing unpleasing about their website, except took awhile to see the price. They certainly have a high opinion of their product.

I will see how long my cheap stylus' last and divide that out to come up with a time frame to justify getting a Stlus-r-us one.

But I was intrigued by their claims.

Does anyone actually have a stylus-r-us and can compare to others?

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bestbuy Canada doesn't seem to sell the Targus stylus, but they have a "Griffin" stylus that (from the picture) looks a lot like the US Targus one. I'll give it a try since some mentioned it is better than the Pogo

It's too bad iPad, iPhone, and iTouch owners have to go thru the buying and trying of all the crappy styluses, like I did, and you all have, to get to the right one, stylus-r-us. Is anyone in there? Can anyone hear me? So what if their web site sucks! So what if it’s weird looking? Their styluses are unreal and they invented this really cool HOME BUTTOM replacement that is so much better than the sunken one that comes on the device. Because I bought my stylus there, and asked for the Home Buttons. they sent me two free for my iPad and iPhone. Otherwise you have to buy them for I can't remember: Ten or fifteen bucks which seems like allot, they make a huge difference in the operation of both devices. Listen: Do you all have money to blow or what? Stop buying all that other crap. This company is awesome!!

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the responce, Jack.

Talk about timing. I just bought 10 stylus' off of Ebay for $9.00, then came to this forum and see this.

I went to the Stylus-r-us website and to check them out. I found nothing unpleasing about their website, except took awhile to see the price. They certainly have a high opinion of their product.

I will see how long my cheap stylus' last and divide that out to come up with a time frame to justify getting a Stylus-r-us one.

But I was intrigued by their claims.

Does anyone actually have a stylus-r-us and can compare to others?

Mr Homes...it's Cindy? Didn't you see my post at the top? I have three of them. The Roger iWand which is ommmmggg. The Maserati, I use on my iPhone, and sometimes on my iPad, and I just received my new Camry and ommmggg do I ever hurt for all of you. Seriously. It's like that weird web site says on the first page, we're all caught up in the buying and trying scam of the other styluses, only to hate and toss them. And like they also say, it's just a matter of time before you buy from that stylus-r-us site. Their stuff is unreal cool.

Last edited:

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread is filled by a sudden flurry of new members showing a fanboyist-like over-enthusiastic support for this new product which seem beyond the normal reaction of normal consumers faced with a good product.

Nothing personal against the people at Stylus-R-Us, but I will wait to hear for opinions from trusted members that have been on this board for some time. It's not about PayPal knowledge, it's about being a cautious consumer.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, Stefx, it isn't about PayPal

This thread is filled by a sudden flurry of new members showing a fanboyist-like over-enthusiastic support for this new product which seem beyond the normal reaction of normal consumers faced with a good product.

Nothing personal against the people at Stylus-R-Us, but I will wait to hear for opinions from trusted members that have been on this board for some time. It's not about PayPal knowledge, it's about being a cautious consumer.

IT IS ABOUT PRODUCT! If you have a problem with using a credit card to buy something on an unknown website, there are alternatives such as PayPal that protect you. That is why I mentioned PayPal.

I do not work for Stylus-r-us. But if I find that their product is better than the Targus stylus that I currently own, I'll certainly report my findings to far kinder members of the forum who really want to know. It's about being able to find a product that will endure and works as advertised.

I'm sorry YOU got reprimanded by stylus-r-us' CEO. Companies are created to provide a consumer requirement. They have a lot invested in their product and their reputation. Errant and seemingly innocuous remarks on an Internet forum can bring down a company so fast that they have to respond as aggressively as they can. In that sense, it is personal.

Last edited:

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You said: This thread is filled by a sudden flurry of new members showing a fanboyist-like over-enthusiastic support for this new product which seem beyond the normal reaction of normal consumers faced with a good product.

Reply. Remember you said that when you get yours and you WILL be getting one. Mark those words. The hype by your friends has just begun. As to the sudden support - don'[t read anything into that but the typical conversation by people who know something about a product, you know nothing about. As far as trusted members go, don’t forget you were once a newbe and had your first post. First post of enthusiasm isn’t at all suspicious, Put the fishing pole away and buy one of their styluses if you can stand the pitiful colors of that site long enough and you'll be one of the boasting ones with apologies.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Mattim's feedback once he gets his stylus. Mattim, my comments weren't aimed at you at all.

Out of curiosity, I did a bit of searching on the web.
On lots of iPhone/iPad forum web sites, a similar (often identical) post is found, posted by brand new members. Often named Becky Pink&Soft, sometimes other female names (Becky, Tracy, Debbra, Cindy, etc) .
This is not a customer/user trying to share news about a good product, this is evidently part of a marketing strategy.

This user's only input on those forums is her marketing post about the stylus, I haven't found her involved in any other discussion on any of those forums.

Here are a few examples, I stopped after about a dozen but there were more:

Wow! What A Stylus
No more fingers on screens ever - iPod touch Fans forum - iPod, iPhone and iPad
Wow! What An iPhone Stylus - iLounge Forums
Wow! No More Having To Use Our Fingers! - Hackint0sh
Wow! What A Stylus! - iPad Forums
Wow! What A Stylus!
http://radipad.com/ipad-general-discussion/1066-very-hot-like-me-stylus.html
http://www.forumlogr.com/thread/anVn3KdcNEcw/Wow!-No-More-Having-To-Use-Our-Fingers!.html
http://www.reviewmygadgets.com/wow-what-a-stylus/
http://www.cyberiphone.com/no-more-dirty-iphone-ipad-screens-ever.html
http://www.ipodtouchforum.com/general/3498-no-more-dirty-screens-itouch-iphone-ipad.html
http://www.talkiphone.com/forums/iphone-chat/10121-cant-live-without-them.html
http://iphoneusers.com/iphone-jailbreaking/1127-no-more-dirty-iphone-ipad-screens-ever.html

Similar strategy used by MrEntrepreneur24. Basically they find any site mentioning stylus, pogo or targus and post their marketing pitch on them. Very effective and low cost marketing strategy, adapted to today's communication networks via the internet.
I don't mind the idea, but the person posting should make it explicit that he/she is linked somehow to the company selling the product.

Here's a real opinion that I would put more faith in. Product looks promising:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=989664

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stefx....ommmmmmmggggggggg! (LOL)

You have impressed me!!! I will certainly report the veracity of stylus-r-us Advertising/marketing of their product, when it arrives.

Lesson learned! Thank you.

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

IT IS ABOUT PRODUCT! If you have a problem with using a credit card to buy something on an unknown website, there are alternatives such as PayPal that protect you. That is why I mentioned PayPal.

I do not work for Stylus-r-us. But if I find that their product is better than the Targus stylus that I currently own, I'll certainly report my findings to far kinder members of the forum who really want to know. It's about being able to find a product that will endure and works as advertised.

I'm sorry YOU got reprimanded by stylus-r-us' CEO. Companies are created to provide a consumer requirement. They have a lot invested in their product and their reputation. Errant and seemingly innocuous remarks on an Internet forum can bring down a company so fast that they have to respond as aggressively as they can. In that sense, it is personal.

I'm sorry YOU got reprimanded by stylus-r-us' CEO

Ahhhh...I must have missed that. Please quite me the exact line where this allegedly took place.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have impressed me!!! I will certainly report the veracity of stylus-r-us Advertising/marketing of their product, when it arrives.

Lesson learned! Thank you.

Yeah, I was surprised by the first 2-3 occurrences, then after easily finding over a dozen, I showed this to some of my friends...we'll definitely see this sort of marketing campaigns more often in the future.
Companies are well aware that discussion forums are a great place for users/customers to share their opinions, it's easy for them to join the forums and pretend to be users/customers.

Actually when they spam web sites identifying themself/himself as Jack Bauer, they make it clear he is part of the Stylus-R-Us company...which I believe is the right and honest approach.

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Mattim's feedback once he gets his stylus. Mattim, my comments weren't aimed at you at all.

Out of curiosity, I did a bit of searching on the web.
On lots of iPhone/iPad forum web sites, a similar (often identical) post is found, posted by brand new members. Often named Becky Pink&Soft, sometimes other female names (Becky, Tracy, Debbra, Cindy, etc) .
This is not a customer/user trying to share news about a good product, this is evidently part of a marketing strategy.

This user's only input on those forums is her marketing post about the stylus, I haven't found her involved in any other discussion on any of those forums.

Here are a few examples, I stopped after about a dozen but there were more:

Wow! What A Stylus
No more fingers on screens ever - iPod touch Fans forum - iPod, iPhone and iPad
Wow! What An iPhone Stylus - iLounge Forums
Wow! No More Having To Use Our Fingers! - Hackint0sh
Wow! What A Stylus! - iPad Forums
Wow! What A Stylus!
Very Hot (like me) Stylus
http://www.forumlogr.com/thread/anVn3KdcNEcw/Wow!-No-More-Having-To-Use-Our-Fingers!.html
Wow! What A Stylus | ~ ReviewMyGadgets ~ | iPhone Support, iPhone Troubleshooting, iTouch Support, iTouch Troubleshooting, iPhone Downloads,Webmaster Tips,Webmaster Downloads,Mobile Tips,Mobile Downloads
No More Dirty iPhone iPad Screens EVER! | Everything About iPhone
No More Dirty Screens On iTouch, iPhone or iPad
Can't Live Without Them - iPhone Forum
No More Dirty iPhone iPad Screens EVER!

Similar strategy used by MrEntrepreneur24. Basically they find any site mentioning stylus, pogo or targus and post their marketing pitch on them. Very effective and low cost marketing strategy, adapted to today's communication networks via the internet.
I don't mind the idea, but the person posting should make it explicit that he/she is linked somehow to the company selling the product.

Here's a real opinion that I would put more faith in. Product looks promising:

Best Stylus Review (Large Pics Warning) - MacRumors Forums

That was an interesting bit of detective work, but everyone of you need to keep in mind, you all began with a first post, this 100% accounts for why your claimed single or first post are justified. Any idea how many NEW members arrive at each one of these sites each day? Thousands. And when they see a post quite near the top that is something they know about, gee, is that really odd they'd want to comment on it, first post or not. I do know a girl names Tracy but I'm sure it's not the same one. Point: Your detective work means nothing. Not even good enough to be called "circumstantial evidence." Not when a) everyone has to make a first post. b) And I'm certain they do that when they see a subject that sparks an interest: what these sites are supposedly for and about and how, EXACTLY, everyone got started. So again, your findings are meaningless. My only point I was wanting to convey is, like on that site, we're all spinning our wheels buying all this other stuff because I, unlike any of you others, have three of the Stylusrus styluses, so I know what I'm talking about and I've had the others and they all suck! Let the next one who replies to me, on this subject, be able to say they have both the stylusrus ones and the others and then you're saying something. I never was into listening to anyone who hasn't "been there, done that." So please, with any possible due respect, unless you have any idea what you're talking about, spare me the rebuttals. And I'm not overly thrilled with cops either. I think it also sucks certain people can post links like you did but if I was to post one, they’d call it advertising. That’s real cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts