What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pogo, Stylis or Whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Find nub a little large for sketching but great for games like bwoling/shuffle.

Overall, worth the price to have but limited. Would like a better (finer) tip, sorta like the DS stylus (only soft).

This isn't possible because the screen is calibrated to react to a finger tip so is expecting something of they approximate dimensions and not something smaller. This is so the slightest touch doesn't keep interacting with the screen.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I received my Targus stylii yesterday. I was a little surprised that the tip was more like a rubber "bulb" rather than a hard rubber tip. It seems to work like a hard rubber tip although because it is wider than a hard point, it is harder to see the subject that you are writing/drawing close to. The point collapses as you apply pressure, but the resulting lines are still more accurate than what I ahve seen using a pogo or my finger. I'm pleased with its performance, but I would till like to have a hard/pointier point that works as well so that I could see the subject matter as I draw.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Boxwave Stylus which is identical to the Targus and Griffin ones. I really like it, it takes a small amount of pressure to register - as you would expect from the likes of a ballpoint pen so feel quite natural to write with but not so much that you are actually pushing down with it. It registers light strokes very well and I am very impressed.

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got the targus one after reading this forum. I like it so far. is there an app that allows you to write notes on a note pad? I have one app to do handwriting but just wondering if I am missing any good ones for notetaking

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got Penultimate when it was on offer - great app for a relatively basic but flawless experience for notepad style note taking.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just got the targus one after reading this forum. I like it so far. is there an app that allows you to write notes on a note pad? I have one app to do handwriting but just wondering if I am missing any good ones for notetaking

I use Noteshelf for casual lists, writing, etc. The other one I use quite a lot is Smartnote.

I hsve both Targus and Pogo styluses. I like them both but tend to use the Targus more because I keep it attached to my Apple case.

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I use Noteshelf for casual lists, writing, etc. The other one I use quite a lot is Smartnote.

I hsve both Targus and Pogo styluses. I like them both but tend to use the Targus more because I keep it attached to my Apple case.

thank you

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score

thank you

note shelf looks awesome....downloaded it.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Targus one and also have a Pogo Sketch. Now I only JUST got an iPad recently, but have had an iPhone since day one 2007, every version since. I got the Pogo to use for iPhone a good 10 months ago. I got the Sketch (not the stylus aimed specifcally for the iPhone; I notice that the Sketch now says Sketch for iPad. iPad wasn't out yet when I bought mine) It's okay, but the clip broke off of it. I find either of them do what I need, but the Targus is more solid feeling and I've used it enough to be able to judge that I prefer it over the Pogo. I don't particularly feel I have to over exert pressure either-works comfortable and fine for me.

delrahim69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the IWAND from Stylus R Us and I love it!! Its so easy to use and the lighter you press the better it works, just like they say. I bought the aluminum one which is 11'' for like $24. little long but i like the length. they have same tips on more stlyus like "pens" cheaper but the IWAND is well worth it. i had the rubber tip stylus i bought from amazon and was always catchign on the screen, leaving marks and just not smooth. the IWAND blows it out of the water!!!

check them out and you will be as sold as i was. i found there link on this forum under accessories. but just google "stylus r us"

durango528

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried both the pogo and the Alu Pen. The Alu Pen is by far the better of the two. Big, sturdy, good weight , same price, and the tip is just the right size, Google it, it's ideal for the pad.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In response to this, why is there not a single narrow tip stylus out there for capacitive screens? This would make writing and especially art applications much more accurate for detail and there are plenty of people looking for this narrow tip type of stylus - similar to the tip of a felt tip pen.
This for sure would be a massive seller. I'm not an expert on capacitive stylii, just relaying some of the information I had read previously.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But…you say – we want a fine point stylus for art apps. Guess what? The art app designers know that – which is exactly why they all have a slide or touch control in their app – that changes the size of the lines you can make. It is that adjustment – that replaces the need for a fine tip stylus. I mean – any time you can take your FAT thumb – and make a hair line in an art app – I rest my case. Who needs more?

The problem is when working with fine detail, even if you zoom in, your view is partially blocked by the width of your finger. I have seen plenty of forum posts about people asking this question - this whole debate started because someone posted this very issue in this thread. If it is possible, why has it not been done is all I ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts