What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pogo Sketch - Has anyone actually used it for writing?

shodka8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In terms of stylus pens for ipad, How does it compare???? I desperately want to write on the ipad and take notes. Even bought Penultimate but it truly SUCKS with my finger!!!!

Any reviews? Thoughts? THanks!

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought pogo but it is no good for note taking or drawing which I bought for. Said that I converted it to feel like a drawing stylus like a Wacom one that I use over the years. I will post tomorrow on how to and pics. Check this forum tomorrow. Got to board the plane now.

HarlyFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is also another stylus advertised on this site by Mobi for $20, has any one tried this one? I need to order one that actually works.

Thanks!

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it for both sketching and writing. I'm a professional designer and well aquainted with wacom tablets, however, i prefer using the ipad as it's direct contact then looking at the screen while drawing.

As with anything, it takes practice. Use it consistently for a week or so and you should be fine.

Here's a drawing i sketched, inked and colored on my ipad.

green2.jpg

green.jpg

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, to start I am not a professional designer but I do like to sketch. Here is a picture of a converted Pogo after taking apart three ball point pens next to the Wacom stylus I am using over the years. The feel is not exactly the same put very close if I may say. I still believe the Pogo is made for the iPhone tapping and if you have medium or big hands you are out of luck. Anyway, below is a picture of my Pogo next to the Wacom stylus (the cent under is for giving the sense of comparison size wise), and the next is done on iPad using my Pogo stylus.

Pogocon.jpg

Sketch2010-07-1221_45_23.jpg

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very Nice,,, some of the art and sketching you very talented people do on the iPad is totally amazing

OP
S

shodka8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question - will the wacom work directly for ipad or do i have to modify???

ps your art looks great people!!!!!

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, to start I am not a professional designer but I do like to sketch. Here is a picture of a converted Pogo after taking apart three ball point pens next to the Wacom stylus I am using over the years. The feel is not exactly the same put very close if I may say. I still believe the Pogo is made for the iPhone tapping and if you have medium or big hands you are out of luck. Anyway, below is a picture of my Pogo next to the Wacom stylus (the cent under is for giving the sense of comparison size wise), and the next is done on iPad using my Pogo stylus.

Pogocon.jpg

nice work. what app are you using? after trying all the major ones...brushes, art studio, etc. I've found sketchbook pro the best for my needs along with adobe ideas.

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Pogocon.jpg

nice work. what app are you using? after trying all the major ones...brushes, art studio, etc. I've found sketchbook pro the best for my needs along with adobe ideas.

Right on!!. Thanks for the comments. I did not comment on yours since you being a professional designer you always not only get praise about your work but you make your living too. In any case, great work!

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In terms of stylus pens for ipad, How does it compare???? I desperately want to write on the ipad and take notes. Even bought Penultimate but it truly SUCKS with my finger!!!!

Any reviews? Thoughts? THanks!

There's a YOUTUBE video showing a stylus using the app, PaperDesk that is great. I have three of their styluses but the Roger iWand is super for art work as they show in this clip. Hope this helps. Here's the link.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF5fMZfzlFM[/ame]

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not bad at all. Very good in fact. Would have been better though if you'd used one the the STYLUS-R-Us styluses lire the roger iWand. Their sire is at beststylus.com

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

We're not sure what your point here is Numblock. That the PoGo Sketch works? Because if that's what it is, you need to Google POGO STYLUS COMPLAINTS and see how many millions hate the PoGo. I too bought both of theirs in the beginning and then others, and now the Stylus-R-Us ones and omg what a difference in Stylus-R-Us. Sure you can do what you did. But try that with the Roger iWand like one of the ones like I have, and you will see what a huge difference they are. There is truly no prerssure required. They glide across the screen. PoGo hasn't got a chance against a Stylus-R-Us stylus. I notice you don't mention having one. Trust me when I tell you, if you want to draw with ease, try their Roger iWand and you will thank me forever. Again I'll say, I wish someone had told me on Stylus-R-Us before I bought all the other pieces or junk. Oh and the girls mouth is way too small. If you'd use the Roger iWand, she'd have lips.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cindy, RU

Trying to get yourself banned as a spammer? I appreciate gorilla marketing and all that entails but your over the top endorsement of Stylus R Us products by calling other products crap and then critiquing other posters art work is a bit too much.

It almost sounds like Stylus R Us products are too good to be true.

I can't believe you didn't notice in big black letters right above numblock's artwork he writes: "written with my pogo sketch."

BTW, this entire note was typed with the aid of my US$18.00 Best Buy Targus stylus.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts